• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Brother and Sister

Started by Candice, August 21, 2018, 11:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

I've already sent this home but thought I'd share the outcome of this sister and brother.

Candice

philbach

Very Nice restore.  Was the original a sepia tone?  Just wondering.
phil

Candice

I don't think so.  When I did the original walk through, there was color.  Like so many picture of this time period, it was probably hand painted, Phil.
Candice

philbach

Well there does appear to be a tad of red blush on the older girl's cheek.
phil

Mhayes

Lovely restore Candy! I agree about being hand painted.  The only thing I might have suggested is darken in places on the older girls curls for definition. Just a thought.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Thanks, Margie. I can do that if Bambi hasn't sent it home.  I'll make the changes and send her a new one in the morning.

*Note: Changes made and back they go!  Thank you, Margie  :hug:

Candice

Shadow

Candice

:hug: Thank you, Miss Shadow.
Candice

Mhayes

Candy, remarkable what you were able to do.

I suddenly realized that I thought it was two girls.  :wow:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Looks good Candy!
Margie, I did not realize that some boys used to wear their hair in long ringlets, found lots of examples on the net.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Margie and Hannie, Bambi thought it was girls, also. You're in great company!

It was the knickers (knickerbockers) that gave it away for me. I also remember that there were suits called "Little Lord Fauntleroy" suits.  These little boy suits were often in velvet and had a white lace collar. They were based on the clothing of the children's book by Frances Hodgson Burnett, Little Lord Fauntleroy. (http://blog.fidmmuseum.org/museum/2009/09/little-lord-fauntleroy.html) or Google books, Pg 11. (https://books.google.com/books?id=PosDAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA1&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false)

Candice

Mhayes

Wow! Bet they really loved their moms for it. Not!  :funny: :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Some probably weren't to happy!  lol  But the others just accepted it, like we did with the mullet.  lol
Candice