• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Posting photographies and copyright

Started by Julia, July 14, 2018, 04:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia

Hi,

I just want to be completely sure about it before posting any image. Is it okay to post the images we are working on in this workshop forum? I am concerned about the copyright and putting the images in postimages or photobucket or other services like these where images can be found by anyone and that have concrete terms of use (no upload of copyright images).

I have seen discussions in the forum about the postings and the services but I am a bit confused.

Thank you!

Mhayes

Julia,

Thank you for asking. Yes, you may post family's photos on the forum as the family signs a paper giving us permission to use for OPR purposes only. However, that comes with strings and that means their photos can not be used to for personal use such as showing a portfolio of your work with OPR. Also, places like Photobucket should not be used, unless you want to pay a high ransom for their service. They used to be free and then they demanded a high fee to gain back access to ones own gallery. There are other storage sites used for posting photos, but these must be used just to store and upload your images to the OPR Forum and not for public viewing through their site.

We are restoring the original photo and photographers are good with that. A lot of the photos are so old that there is no way to get a copy from the original source. The OPR Forum is to help volunteers with their restoration and as long as the photos are only posted here, you are following the guidelines accepted by the families we help.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Julia

Thank you Margie.

Then it is ok for me to upload photos to https://postimages.org/ if it is just to put the link here, right? To talk about how to better restore the photograph.

Julia

Shadow

Hi Julia, The Add Image to post link below the text box when you post is an easy way to upload your image to PI. Look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Mhayes

Julia, Yes, you are correct. Looking forward to seeing your work.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Julia