• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

RSI

Started by Hannie, June 22, 2018, 02:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Hi everyone,

Just a little note to let you know that I have backed off computer work for a while to give those wrists a much needed rest.
I will still read everything but will make less comments (why do I hear cheering and clapping?)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Sure sorry your wrists are giving you trouble Hannie.  :-\   We'll be sending you lots of good thoughts!

Lynnya

Oh Hannie.. sorry to hear that..will certainly miss your voice over the ether...  :hug:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Bambi

No cheering. No clapping. You taught me everything I know on Forum and I can't be the only one who relies on your advice and instructions. Please take care of your wrists. This is a very dangerous disorder. Three of my co-workers have suffered career-limiting wrist injuries, as has one of my best friends.

Mhayes

Hannie, no cheering or clapping here either, that will happen when you are healed and return. I too have learned so much from Hannie. When I first joined OPR I posted a photo that should have been a non restore, but I tried and my results were less than impressive and more like pathetic . Hannie helped me and also kept me from feeling so embarrassed and overwhelmed. It was the only photo the woman had, so we tried. Once she got the finished photo she complained that she didn't have curly hair and she didn't like the results. Luckily a relative had a good but smaller intact photo and we worked from that. But guess what: She had curly hair!

Hannie has contributed to our copy runs and more about this later when I get around to a newsletter. Unfortunately the newsletter has been held hostage due to my working a full time job that has now ended. On this last copy run to Houston we had some really great copy stands that were bought by the Houston historical group for their own use. The copy stand was a really great deal for the money, so rather than have OPR take the money to buy us one--Hannie paid the entire price (including shipping) for OPR to have a really nice copy stand. Pictures to come later.

Hannie not only helps on the Forum, but she helps behind the scenes. Take it easy my friend and get better.

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Hi guys watch it or I'll get too big for my breeches!

Thank you for the lovely words and wishes.
I learned everything at OPR as well!

Margie, great story about the curly hair.  I remember the photo, it was a baby in a stroller I think.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hannie, no it was a wedding photo. Here is the link and only your restore shows since PhotoBucket has mine held in ransom, and in this case a good thing. Unless you could see the original, you have no idea how terrible and this photo was. http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,877.0.html
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]