• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

You're invited and what will you bring?

Started by Shadow, May 06, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hey gang. Mighty quiet around here. Was wondering what it would be like if we had a huge potluck dinner with everyone. We come from all over the world and have all sorts of favorite dishes. So ... if we were all gathering and bringing something good to share, what would you bring?
We'll be bringing  some good old fashion potato salad, coconut creme pie & key lime pie (yep, have sweets on my mind!  ::) )

Lynnya

Hey!! Good idea..I'll pull over and whip up something cool on the road today!! Not easy on my time phone lol...don't start without me  :hug:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Pat

Nothing like sitting in the shade of the old oak tree on a hot summer day with a dish of home churned ice cream topped with fresh from the garden fruit.

I'll bring the ice cream churn and all the fixings.  What's your favorite fruit?

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Shadow

Lynn, you know some guide did a whole show on what you can cook on your engine.  ;D  Oooo Pat, sounds delicious. Haven't met a fruit we didn't like. We'll taste it all!

Tess (Tassie D)

A yummy Pavlova with whipped cream and fresh berries & fruit. Looks like everyone has a sweet tooth. :)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Holey Moley! Shadow is going to have to walk me for miles after this get-together. Man, that looks good Tess!!

Hannie

Shadow, what have you done!  Now we absolutely have to get together, no matter the distance or cost!
All of you have brought the most delicious food, I want it.
Sweet tooth, yes I have that and more so I'll bring a traditional Dutch apple pie and when we get peckish for some savory food there will be a rijsttafel, a spread of Indonesian inspired dishes like beef, chicken, pickled vegetables, prawn crackers, rice and more.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Wow Hannie. What a gorgeous spread. Know I'll love the pie Eager to try the Indonesian inspired dishes. Just knew there would be some new and exciting dishes.

Candice

I wasn't hungry until................ :)
Candice

rsvadnie

If anyone needs me I'll be hanging out with the key lime pie and Dutch apple pie. :loveit:

I'll be bringing a huge plate of warm and toasty empanadas.

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

The empanadas sure look good rsvadnie. And Kiska, has your tiger always had his head turned like that or did he get into your "sauce"?  :funny:

Mhayes

STOP IT!  :funny:  You are making me hungry.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Ice Cream Bread

Makes 1 8 x 4 loaf

2 Cups Ice Cream, any flavor, softened

1 1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour

Preheat your oven to 350. Spray and flour an 8 x 4 loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl mix the ice cream and flour together until just combined.

Scoop into the loaf and and smooth out.

Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the loaf comes out with a few crumbs stuck to it.

Remove from the pan and allow to cool (if you can wait that long)!

*****For best results, use FULL FAT ice cream
Candice