• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mellow Yellow

Started by Shadow, January 27, 2018, 11:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Had fun with the B&W so thought I'd try something challenging. Oh my. :D  Calling on the trusted color gurus for guidance!!  Here's the latest with a Curve Layer and then a Hue/Sat with Yellow decreased and lightened and then the Green decreased. Am I on the right track or heading down the yellow brick road?  :funny:  ALL your help appreciated gang!!

Candice

Candice

Hannie

Very brave of you Lyn!
What if you concentrate your color correction on the subjects and then later on correct the surroundings with separate layers and masks?

I did a levels and curves on the subjects here.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Oh my... good luck Lyn.. you'll get it right.. I like Hannie's levels approach and then a curve...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Oh my, this is both humorous and terrifying at the same time, and I'm not thinking about the damage alone. The perspective on this one has them as giants compared to the house. Lyn, you might want a shot of something before attempting this one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Here ya go my friend...I need one too for my doozy I picked... :crazy:

Shadow

Thanks gang. You crack me up! Thanks your help Hannie. Tried focusing on the people first. Just cannot get the color straightened out. Wonder if I can B & W  ::)  :crazy:  And Lynn, thanks! Good luck with your doozy.  ;)

Shadow

This is where we are ...  :( :(

Lynnya

Hey whats with the sad face... it's coming along nicely!! you can tweak the colors at the end a bit more.. take a break and come back to it..  :hug:

Shadow

Funny girl! I was trying to channel you ...You always manage to come up with good solutions. Just can't get a handle how to fix that top right corner. Will definitely be tweaking color at the end. Will take a break and come back later.

Lynnya

Good thinking... on the top right in the blue channel it's mostly trees with a bit of sky thrown in between.. I'd be inclined to grab the left side and jump it to the right ..the main focus is the people in my humble...and re the colors? you can always add a bit of color with a blank layer and then paint in using "color" blend mode.. you could steal some of Hannie's color from her version but don't tell her I said that.... :cool:

Hannie

I agree, the background on the right side seem to be a couple of tree, some green and little bit of sky showing.
In case you want to "steel" any of my colors, the image I posted is the same size as the original.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Lynn and Hannie. Appreciate all the feedback! Here's where we are. This tree may be too much. Thoughts much appreciated!!

Lynnya

Hey girl... lookin mighty good.. I think I agree with you on the tree.. the right side of the tree seems fine.. maybe a little heavy in the center area.. maybe jump some of the lighter trees more to the right and lighten up that first part of the big tree.. am I making sense..you've done a wonderful job with it Lyn.. you're nearly there  :hug:

Lynnya

On the other hand... looking at it again.. it looks really good.. see what other's say.. :up: :up:  I just remembered Hannie's trick of Auto Color at the end... I tried it and the result looked pretty good on my monitor..see what you think..