• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Your Thoughts on This.

Started by Ausimax, February 28, 2007, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

This is my latest project.

This is where I am at the moment, there was no detail in channels, so there has been a fair bit of artistic license used in reconstructing the damaged areas.
I could not make any judgement as to what the dark object at the right of the photo (our left), it appears to have a bracket mounting it to the wall at the bottom, and extends up in front of the white-board, so I eliminated it- if anybody has a clue as to what it is let me know.

This photo may benefit from a crop as there appears to be a lot of extraneous info that adds little to the image, however that will be up to the QC people.

Anyway have a look at them and tell me what you think would improve it.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

GP

Hi Max,
I think it looks already pretty good  :up: As to the object on the left side.... I have no clue, maybe it is another whiteboard or something similar. I don't think anyone will miss it. But have another look at his hand, his little finger does not look right. In the original it is kind of folded under his ring finger, not sticking out. Also his index finger is now much bigger than it originally was. I hope this helps.  ^-^

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Ratz

Hi Max, it's looking really good, I like the cropped version. As you said there is a lot of background in this one that adds little to the photo.I do agree with GP about his hand.But having said that, it's another sterling effort from you!

Kind regards, Vicki. :up2:

Ausimax

Hi Gerlinde & Vicki,

Yes the hand wasn't too good, I tried using his other hand with a lot of manipulation and it just didn't work too well, have done a rework on the damaged original, still not great, but I'm afraid I'm no Dürer when it comes to hands.

See how you think it works this time.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

GP

Max, this looks a lot better  :up:
The only thing I would suggest is extending the middle finger a little bit and maybe shorten the ring finger just a tiny bit ? In short - his right hand (the one holding the glass) is just a bit too short compared to his left hand. But besides that you are doing great!
Gerlinde  :)
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

glennab

Hi Max

Two things that strike me about his hand are that his knuckles need to be accentuated (the ones at his hand) and he appears to be wearing a ring on that  hand.

The crop  works very well.

Best to you!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

melrcomp

:up: awesome job on this. Though i do have one suggestion/comment. I notice his wrist/arm area on the his right hand is a little flat looking. It looks better in the last post, but still need a bit more tweaking. You really did an awesome job on this. :wnw:
take care!
- Mel

zapphnath

Don't ya hate when you put all that effort into getting everything "just right" then hit one little spot that just won't work out?
You've done an excelent job, all around, and you're getting close on the hand.
I'd suggest, also, to lengthen the middle finger, a little and to add a little shadow behind the knuckles.  It looks, to me, as if his wrist is bent and we can only see his fingers and very little of the back of his hand.

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

Gerlinde, I just did a re-check and his fingers are the same as the original, it looks odd because he has his wrist bent back so you don't see the back of his hand or his wrist and it causes his forearm to look oddly short, his fingers look short because we are seeing them partly end on and wrapped around the glass, notice when I used his other hand the fingers were much too long.

Glenna, my first thought was that it was a ring, but it is a blob of damage between his fingers and there is no connecting band, know what you mean about the knuckles, needs a bit of shading work to give more definition to the arm.

Mel, On the money.

zapphnath, you are right there is always one thing that you can never seem to get just how you want it, you can spend more time on one small detail than on the rest of the image.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions it helps a lot when other people give input, it makes you check your work with a new viewpoint and see things you hadn't noticed before - don't you hate it when you spend hours on an image - you think it looks great, then the minute you post it you spot something glaringly wrong.

I will do a little fine tuning around the hand and I will send it home, will probably submit a cropped version as well, I like it better, but the whole scene may have value to the owner.

Max