• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Army Air Force

Started by Candice, November 19, 2017, 09:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

There'll be more changes along the way.  But I'll be looking forward to reading some of y'alls thoughts.

Candice

Mhayes

How about Yikes? I was reassured when you said there would be more changes along the way.  ;D Okay, seriously the one thing that jumps out and kind of early in the game, but his shoulder on your left will more than what is on your right. He is angled so the opposite side will be bulkier than the other and not a mirror image. Hope that makes sense. You have probably noticed that this photo was hand painted later. Look forward to see your progress.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

It makes sense, Margie.  I'll try outlining it later and get a consensus on it. It's time for bed now.  I'm glad you said something about the hand painting because I thought so, too.  It was all the rage ya know.  :)

I'll ponder that shoulder, but right now I'm trying to see if I can recontruct his face.  Oy Vey!
Candice

Hannie

Handpainted, that explains why I thought it was a girl.  Red lips, rouge on the cheeks.
What a challenge Candy, good eye repair!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Candy, so glad you picked this one. You are off to a good start! Eager to see your WIPs. Enjoy.  :)

Bambi

Whew! This is a tough one. Thanks for taking it on, Candice.

Candice

Bambie, you know me and soldiers.  I had to try.  If anyone has some good hints of how to get through the white muck I'd appreciate it?  I'm not stuck (yet)  :) but I'm open to learning new things.   I'm using PS CS4  Oh, and after working on our guy a little more, here's where I see the shoulder (stage left).  Any thoughts?

PS.... not happy with his cover at this point, but it's a start.  :D

Candice

Mhayes

Candy, great job of getting the shoulder to looking right. Best advice is to step back and then come back. The face is really a hard one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Wow Candy. The shoulder looks good. You did wonders with the uniform. Good luck with the face.

Lynnya

wonderful shoulder Candy.. I'm with the others.. good luck on a difficult one..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Now that the holiday is over, I'll start in earnest again.  Family came in.  Wonderful time had by all!!
Candice

Candice

I haven't forgotten you all.  Two days after my note of the holidays was written my husband's, 91 yr old,  momma passed away.  We're waiting for a brother and nephew to arrive from New Orleans on Sunday.  Services will be held December 4th, Monday.

Please remember our family in your prayers. 

Candice

Lynnya

Oh Candy.. so sorry to hear such sad news. My condolences to your family.

Lynn
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Very sad news Candy, condolences to you and your family, she was a beautiful lady.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

My sincere and deepest sympathy to your family Candy.  May you have many lovely memories of your hubby's 91 year old momma that will warm your hearts and live on forever.

Pat 
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author