• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

From the Desk of Klassylady

Started by klassylady25, February 25, 2007, 12:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

Let me start with the sailor.  He's at the beginning.  I have a ways to go with him.   

As for the young man:  I do not agree with the contours you've given (see below)  I believe that what you are seeing is damage.  Secondly; the shading is also in question.  I'm not there yet personally.  My understanding is this:  lighting is interpretive at this point.  Stage left makes it look as though the light was cast from behind. His face appears to have a fuller light. 

Let's address the texture.  I can remove that which I've added, but it looks good at a 100%  so why not use it? 

Let's address the eye for Glenna; last night I measured the original and the new, they are the same in width and height.  Maybe I'm missing something but the ruler says it's the same.    I'll look again, however. 

Below is what I see with no work done.

Hugz,
C

glennab

Good morning Candy

It's the a.m. picky poo.  I know this is all subjective, and with so much damage it's hard to discern what is and isn't there.  As I've gazed that the young guy, I think the thing that bothers me about his eye is the missing fold line that indicates his lid.  Once Kurt mentioned that, I could see it. I also think that Kurt's lines indicate the logical positioning of his shoulders, based on the way he's facing, and I think that's what's making his face look narrow to me.  You can't really see the contours in the damaged original.

Obviously you've put heart and soul into this guy, and since you have the hi-res original you can probably see more than we can.  Maybe a day away from him will give you enough of a break to make the final decisions concerning any more - or no - tweaks.

I'll be posting my little guy in the next few days, and then I'm going to need YOUR eyes to be sure I have him ready to go home.  The photo has a lot of color cast and part of his face missing (fortunately just forehead and eyebrow) but I'm not an artist, so am not sure yet how I'm going to handle that.

Better run.  Gonna be late for work!

As always, hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

glennab

Hey Candy

His face is wonderful.  I'm assuming that you're still working on smoothing the edges of the lower area of his tie, etc.  No picks!

Hugz!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

pcraft

klassylady25

Quote from: glennab on March 22, 2007, 09:23:00 PM
Hey Candy

His face is wonderful.  I'm assuming that you're still working on smoothing the edges of the lower area of his tie, etc.  No picks!

Hugz!

Yes, I did and then he went home.  :o)

GG

glennab

All I have to say is whoo hoo! That's awesome!
GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

RosyBijou

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

klassylady25