• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Too cute

Started by Shadow, August 31, 2017, 09:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Here's a cutie. How's 'bout a good look-see? Anything need tweaking? All comments/suggestions welcome gang!

Mhayes

Shadow,

Nice job and your color correction looks right, although on screen looks redder than when I download. While yours is right there is part of me that would like to have her face a little lighter. So I added a layer and changed the mode to "Overlay" and checked the box for 50% gray. I then took a paintbrush with the foreground white and an opacity of 16% (brush opacity, not the layer) and lightly went over her face.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Nice job Lyn  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Lynn and Margie. Will go ahead and lighten her face some more and send her home.

Bambi

Realized recently that some people don't know about the Curves On-Image Adjustment Tool. I highly recommend it.
Open a Curves Adjustment Layer, select the proper Channel, click the On-Image Adjustment Tool. Place your cursor on the spot that needs adjustment. When you click the cursor changes from an eyedropper to the adjustment tool and places a point on the Curve. Move up for more, down for less.
Usually requires only very subtle moves. In this case, you might take a little red out. Then it will be too yellow, so go to the Blue Channel and add just a little Blue.

Bambi

Probably easier to just use a Hue-Sat adjustment layer and reduce the saturation a little, but I wanted to post the On-Image Adjustment....

Lynnya

No.. I didn't know..will try it..thanks Bambi.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Bambi, thanks for tweaking the image and making it better! Great tip.  :wnw: