• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

At The Alter

Started by Lynnya, August 29, 2017, 04:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Please check out my color correction on this image and let me know if you see any weirdness..I did the usual levels, curves etc and brought down the cyan and the blue as it was splashed all over the place...If anyone has a picture of the little girl in the pink dress I'd love to see it.. I have no idea how her hair is..even in the blue channel there is little to show..
Thanks..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Lynn, I see a bit of a green cast.  Perhaps use a Color Balance layer and move the green slider some to the left?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Lynn. Tough one. I tried KE's tip about selecting part of the image and letting Curves Auto do it's thing and then going back and filling the mask back in with white for the whole image. Then I used the Black and White droppers on the 2 spots you see. It still leaves you with some tweaking for sure but maybe not quite so much? Was that clear as mud?  ::)   

Lynnya

um... kinda... but... it's a whole lot better.. :) thanks and thanks Hannie for your suggestion will return to the drawing board later.

Lynnya

S'funny but, quite often I just don't see the cast until someone mentions it... :cool:  is this better or is there still a faint cast..I did what Hannie suggested and also took a tad of yellow out of the whites in selected color adjustment...Let me know, don't hold back  ^-^

took the curve up a tiny bit.. is this better?

Shadow

Good morning. Looking good.  :up2: The drapes are showing a red cast on my screen. Maybe adjust bkgd separately from the bridal party with Curves, Hue/Sat - whatever you prefer and then masking out the people? You will get it. Looking forward to your next WIP!

Lynnya

Jeez... why am I having so much trouble with this color... maybe it's cos it's splashed with magenta, blue, cyan, yellow... could be  :funny:

anyhow.. this is where I'm at.. I'm going to risk continuing at this point.. I can always go back and restart.. ::) I might brighten it a tadish at the end??

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Oh phew Hannie... I'm soooo glad you said that... I'm well into repairs now.. would had to have taken to drink... :crazy:

Lynnya

o.k. gang.. here's my near final wip.. I was particularly challenged with this one but shadow's wedding shot of the same group really helped with having at lest some clue as to hair etc..

Shadow

Beautiful Lynn!  :up: :up:

Lynnya

Mhayes

Ditto:  :up2:  :up2:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie...

I discovered something recently that I'm sure everyone else actually does? just takes me a while... I always used to reveal or remove masks with a brush either white or black depending whether I'm revealing or concealing.. on one of my recent restores Candy commented on brush marks visible in the back ground... hmm I thinks.. so now, instead of using a brush I just select the area .... like huge amounts and then just fill with either black or white depending.. then there is no chance of a brush mark.. duh.. only took me 10 years....  Just in case there is anyone out there like me ... ::)

Shadow

Excellent tip Lynn!  :up2: