• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Bride on the porch

Started by Lynnya, August 10, 2017, 02:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Last two bride pictures... I've color corrected this several times and it comes up a bit yellow.. did a rgb levels, neutral gray in curves...  then pumped up the whites in curves again from 230 something to the 40's... I added a tinge of blue (Hannie sits on my shoulder) - I don't know.. I'm wondering if it was late afternoon sun causing a nice warm light.. what do you think..I reduced the yellow a tad in hue/sat on the third one.. can't see a whole lot of difference but maybe some..?? I just added  forth where I redid black white and gray points and then reduced the opacity of the layer by about 50%... hmmm I think it's better?

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Oh my!  :wow:  Let me download and see if I can come up with an idea. Back in a bit.
Hey girl, on your WIP the dress and 2 front pillars have some blown out spots on my monitor. Here's a quickie. The whites are a bit low but with all the white I imagine those numbers will go up as you restore. Maybe this will spark another idea for you. Can't wait to see your next WIP!

Lynnya

Thanks shadow for doing that for me...

this is my wip so far.. as far as I can tell nothing is blown.. not on my screen anyway...I toned it down a bit... too much?? :-\

Shadow

Boy you've come a long way. Maybe whiter on the columns?

Mhayes

Lynn, looking good. The only thing that doesn't look right is the bride's train. Do have some other photos showing it? The original is no help.  :)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

I'm thinking this is sunlight on the porch, not part of the train... She's holding up the train.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

Thanks all for input.. so right on.. Kiska thanks.. I originally thought it was light.. then drifted off.. as I do.. Lyn thanks for your input too, I have a version that is whiter on the columns .. Margie that's why the train looks wrong.. it's not one  ::)

Will be back later with a new wip  :up:

Lynnya

sigh... struggling with this one...

here is my latest..need help please..

Shadow

Beautiful Lynn! Excellent job with the sunlight on the porch spot! Teeny pic ... the 3 rd column from the front might benefit from a some smoothing/brightening? Way to go girl!  :up:

Lynnya

Shadow

Better! On your screen, is there a white strip down the 2nd column on the right side?

Hannie

I think the white stripe is sunlight reflection.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

I agree with Hannie. It looks better that way.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Okay, I may be crazy... but is she holding a dove?
Candice

Mhayes

Candice, you is crazy.  :funny:

Margie

P.S. No offense.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]