• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

TMSEL

Started by Shadow, August 05, 2017, 05:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. This ID card is a puzzler for me. Here it is with a Curves Layer for White and Black points. Recommendations for tackling the discoloration? Do pic and card separately? Your ideas welcomed!! Thanks.
Let me try this again ...  Looks like these work.  ::)

Candice

Shadow, when I click on the picture, the link opens up to a page, but not the one with pictures.
Candice

Lynnya

same for me shadow.. no pics..

Hmm... not sure about how to tackle this one...no help from me I'm afraid.. look forward to seeing what you end up with  :)
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Same here not sure what is going on.

Just testing Add image to post with image below.

edit: seems to work OK.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Hannie. Links are fixed.  :cool:  ALL suggestions welcomed.

Shadow

Hey Gang. So, fooling around with different ways to deal with color and stumbled on this ... using the color selector thingie (new term  ^-^ ) on the Black White Adjustment Panel I clicked on the spot on his face and drug it all the way to the left (Blue -199) and it did away with most of the spot. Question now ... how do I take this good face and make it color again? Still not sure how to deal with ID part of this card. Should I make it B&W? Questions, questions  :D

Lynnya

looks really good!! you could be really brave and put the original up next to it then do a blank layer over your black and white.. sample the colors from the colored version and paint on your black and white version using the "color" blend mode..

cores... it might not work.. so just chuck the layer.. ^-^

Shadow

Here's the WIP. Thanks for the suggestion Lynn. Skin color is still off.  :crazy:
Came up with the ID Card colors based on the New Orleans RTA logos I found. Comments and suggestions welcome!

Lynnya

Hi lyn... in your wip he looks a bit pale.. in the other version there seems to be more contrast giving him a better face shape.. the yellow background looks a bit rough like needs smoothing out.. the white areas look great!

Shadow

Thanks for your feedback Lynn. That was the colorized B&W version. Didn't like it. Here's where we are now. Have used the jump good skin to new layer, zooming way in and healing, cloning ... can't seem to get rid of the damage on face without losing something. What am I doing wrong?  :crazy:

Lynnya

You're not doing anything wrong.. you are definitely on the right track honeypie  :up: for his face? I would use minimul healing cloning.. grab good bits of face and plonk (techie term) it over the bits of damage..skin is so hard.. I'm still trying to find the right amount of healing and texture..use parts of his good side and cover the other side..
you'll get there in the end my friend.. :up: :up:

this is a terrible down and dirty try... used multiply then reduced it.. jumped his good cheek over the bad and the eye.. you'll notice the eye is not in the correct spot.. it's too close in and not slightly tilted down to your left a tad.. healed some ...
you could do a lot better than my two minute sloppy job..

Shadow

Thank you Lynn! Will give the  plonking (  ;D  ) another go and the multiply layer. Skin is hard ... you are very right!!
Back later.

Shadow

Latest face ...  ::)   Any thoughts?

Hannie

Great job Shadow!  You toned down the whites of the eyes some, looks more natural.
The chin can use little less shadow (Like the pun) and sides of face some more shadow.
I warmed the colors some, perhaps too much.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Shadow with Hannies tip you cracked it girl! :up: :up: Great job.. faces are sooooo hard..