• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Vintage Woman Photo

Started by JulieNicoleD, July 23, 2017, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JulieNicoleD

Hey Everyone!  Would love some advice on this photo.  I specifically am looking for thoughts  (good and bad) regarding the shirt as well as the small white dots in her hair.  If you have any other thoughts on corrections I have already done (good or bad), I would love the feedback.  Thank you!  :)

Mhayes

Julie, what a beautiful job you have done on a badly damaged photo. The small white dots in her hair are most likely mold. It will take some time, but I would recommend the healing brush if you are using Photoshop. Also, I would enlarge your photo to at least 200 to 300% when you work. Next work on the texture of her face to smooth out her skin--do the hair and if you have problem doing the skin post your progress for more help.

The only thing I am not sure of is her dress. When I color correct I get a blue/gray.

Great to see you on the Forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

JulieNicoleD

Thank you so much for your input!  This forum is really amazing and a great place to learn.  I really appreciate your feedback.  Here is my next revision. 

Hannie

What a beautiful picture and you did an amazing repair job Julie!
Her face looks great and I also love that you were able to save some of the background around her face.  Looks very natural.

You already used Margie's tips and zoomed in really close to heal the white spots, looks great.

For the left over tiny white spots and stripes you can use a Dust/Scratches filter with 2 pixels Radius and 17 levels Threshold.  That way you don't lose detail in the rest of the image.
Another Levels and Curves may be helpful too for a little clearer result. 
I think the folds in her blouse are more damage than real folds, you could make them a little les prominent?

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Beautiful repair Julie! Hannie and Margie's tips will take it over the top for sure.
You might be interested in this tip when you are working zoomed way in a pic. http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/dual-view/
Thanks for sharing!

Hannie

Good tip Shadow, forgot all about this little zoom helper!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Very nice Julie, and great tips from Hannie and Shadow.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Julie.. lovely work on your restore..look forward to seeing more from you  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Candice