• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sweet couple

Started by Shadow, July 09, 2017, 11:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

This one makes me smile. A Curves layer followed by lots of healing and borrowing/pasting etc. Long way to go. Comments welcome and appreciated! Thanks gang.  :)

Jonas.Wendorf

Sometimes I find that in cases like these a little dodge & burn can work better (and easier) than other methods. E.g. this is with pure dodge to remove the dark line on his face.

PSD file in case you're interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n08qf6vzydl7hgg/dodge.psd?dl=1
Best regards,
Jonas

Shadow

Hannie

Great tip Jonas, thanks.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Jonas, your tip worked well on the background too! Thanks again. Here's the WIP. Ways to go still. How's the bkgd look on your screens? Did a Hue/Sat and Noise Reduction on it and then began dodging. Do you think the dark area in the middle is a reflection/shadow or damage ... thoughts?  :wow:  What do your peepers see? Couple looking OK so far? Thanks!

Hannie

Looking great so far Lyn!
I think the dark spot in the middle may be damage.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thank you Hannie. Damage it is.
This is where we are. Still have to zoom in and see what surprises there are for me. The little doll (could that actually be damage maybe?) on the far right and the flowers between the couple are distracting to me. Would it be acceptable to replace with wall? Anything jump out saying "fix me, fix me!"
Thanks everyone for the once over!  :wnw:

Hannie

Lyn, I now see the area that you asked about if it was damage and that was not damage.  It is shading from the camera flash.  Also the little pink thingy coming from the gent's head is part of the flower arrangement in the background.
I wonder about the replaced background, is it possible to leave the much darker original in?  I know it is a lot to ask with the repairs and all.  I usually try to repair as much as possible and then apply a little blur.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Hannie. 'Preciate the second look! See what you think of this. (Not a problem to go back. Everything has its own layer. So anything else or if this is too dark ...  ::)  )
Some more tweaking. Final?

Hannie

No not too dark Lyn.
I try to keep the original background as much as possible, I did the left side of the photo quick and dirty.  Used the Lasso and filled it with Content Aware in almost all the spots.  (with the lasso, Content Aware is much more accurate than with the Healing Brush)
I also used Jonas' method of the dodging/burning and Gaussian blurred the mask just a little for smoothness.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Learning so many neat tips! Just found the Content Aware fill on PS CS5 Hannie. Will go back. Like how you got the pink flowers back. You got stuck with all the heavy lifting Hannie ... thank you!

Shadow

So. Went back again. This is much truer to the orig bkgd. Thoughts?

Hannie

Looking good Lyn!
One more thing are the wisps of hair are missing in your version (my middle name is Nitpicker).

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hannie Nitpicker ... so glad to know ya'!  ;) You nitpick away! By the way, you celebrated 10 years here on the 10th ... WOW!!!  :wnw:

Final?

Lynnya

Lovely Lyn  :up: do you think they are a tinsey bit pale? the originals had a tad more saturation in the skin tones.. other than that (and it could be my screen which is perched on the V berth on top of a heavy duty fry pan to make it level)...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...