• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Spots!

Started by Shadow, May 18, 2017, 05:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

thanks Margie. Failed bios update crashed comp.  :'(  Trying to find help ... may have to drop it off a cliff  :mad: :mad:

Hannie

Does your computer do any thing at all Lyn?  Then there are repair utilities that can get you to your previous BIOS version.  If it does not even post it probably means the chip is burned and needs to be replaced.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Hannie. Thanks for the info. The little sucker will boot to a blue screen and it will also show that screen with all the options ... last known config etc. This is anew one for me. Will look up bios recovery.

Hannie

Good, then not all is lost Lyn.  Did you already try the if last known configuration option worked?
If not, you could search for your particular computer/motherboard and find BIOS recovery procedures.

I have done numerous BIOS updates and always used the method of downloading update, preparing a USB stick etc.  except for 1 time when I decided to use the "fancy" BIOS flash software that came with the laptop.  Big mistake, the motherboard had to be replaced.  Luckily Lenovo has amazing customer service and the repairs, shipping were done free of charge.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Well, yea! Shadow took me out for a stroll and now we can start fresh. I too have always been extra careful and this was the manufacturer update so we trusted it. Big mistake.
Have tried all the easy steps they provided. Looks like it has to be disassembled and the battery removed to reset. Sure sorry its Alienware!!! The tech that was recommended didnt want to mess with it. After watching a couple of videos, can sure see why.
Appreciate the encouragement. 😊

Lynnya

Oh Lyn how awful...brain numbing work on computer..hope you didn't lose that fantastic restore!!! Oh jeez.. :D
Oh and hi all from Texas 😀
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Anyone with a computer, feels your pain, Shadow!  :(  Wishing you the best with your poor, ailing 'puter.
Candice

kiska

Maybe the woman's nose is more rounded? That little bit showing on her right could be a nostril; they seem to really flare...

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Thanks Kiska. Will keep that in mind if the puter ever gets back home.
And thanks Candy. Sure do miss that "magic box"!

Lynnya

Hi from New Mexico..hope it resolves soon Lyn 😥
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Hi Gang. Rounded the nose some and also corrected the right eye. Final?

Hannie

Nose looks much better Lyn!
When I look at Kiska's example, the nose is even wider, that little white spot is a nostril I think?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Many thanks Hannie! Look more realistic now?

Hannie

Spot on Lyn!

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Spot on ...  :funny:  You crack me up Hannie!