• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Spots!

Started by Shadow, May 18, 2017, 05:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

So here's one that will keep me out of trouble for some time!  :cool:  Added Curves Adj for B,W & G points and then added B&W Adj using the Darker setting.(Can add sepia back at the end.) Added a layer with a new frame using Hannie's tip from ages ago and straightened the image a bit. There's WAYYYYYY more spots than I realized!  :D  Oh My!!!  :-\   Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks all.

Mhayes

Looking good Shadow. I would hold off the sepia and if QC wants it, they can add. The problem is if more than one "oldie" and the differences between how each volunteer works. However, submit one along with B/W.

Going to have to get off the computer as thunderstorms and a tornado watch until 11 pm. tonight.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Margie. Happy to let QC add sepia. Hope the storms passed without causing any damage. Here's current WIP. LOADS more to do. Anyone have any idea what she might be holding in her hand? Are the faces OK? All comments welcome. Thx

Hannie

Hard to figure out, diploma, flowers?  Then I thought it was a whip but that doesn't make sense with the rest of her clothing.  Perhaps a fan?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Maybe an ornamental fan?
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi from the road..are any of the channels any better spot wise?
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

All the channels show the spots Lynn.  :(   Appreciate the suggestions. Leaning towards some sort of fan as well. This is a neat old photo. Back later with a WIP.

Hannie

Lyn, I think the  lady is holding a little lady's purse and the handles are visible over her arm.  I almost think there some flowers there too.  Not sure if the whit thingy is a piece of rolled up paper or something else.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Am familiar with "thingies"  ;)  Looking at 1920's Art Deco outfits and I think you are probably right. Thank you for the image.  :)

Candice

Margie and the crew are at the spot machine again, I see!!   ;D

Love what's you've done so far.  I'm inclined to go with the fan, but I'll have to play with it a bit more.  :)
Candice

Shadow

Thanks Candy. We began working on this image and the next thing we know ... we woke on a planet called SPOTS! 
Oh my!  ;D

So ... here's where this cool pic is now. ALL comments welcome!! Suggestions? Those are welcome too!!!

Hannie

You've come a long way Lyn!
I wonder if there was any print on her dress or was all that damage?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Good morning from Alabama.. looking good Lyn.. I'm thinking maybe dress seems a little light? May add some noise back in..just a thought..of course I'm looking on my smartish phone tiny screen..boy that was a lot of spots.. you've done wonders!!! Daunting!
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Final?

Mhayes

Great job Shadow! Good detective work on the purse. I would darken the woman's face and get rid of the light spot on her cheek. Also while darkening, darken the pupils of her eyes. Other than that, fine job.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]