• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Oshkosh Baby

Started by Lynnya, May 06, 2017, 11:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang..

hmmm.. just started on this baby.. seems no matter how I correct she looks orange to me.. could do with a Hannie fix here...Please excuse messy background.. work in progress...

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

She's an impish little cutie. What have you tried so far for the color correction?

Lynnya

Hi shadow.. everything.. levels curves black and white points.. you name it.. have at it if you have a min..

On this one.. I sat and looked at it and then added a blank layer.. filled it with white changed the blend mode to soft light and added a little color to the cheeks (Hannie sitting on my shoulder).. what do you think... I reckon there's something phoohy with the dyes or chemicals myself...

oh and color balance...personally... I like this version.. looks more like baby skin to me..need input

Mhayes

Looks perfect Lynn.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

I like it a  lot Lynn, baby does not look like a lobster anymore...  ;)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie and Hannie... I don't know what made me put a white fill layer on top.. to try to tone it down I spose then I started to play with blend modes and thought soft light looked pretty good.. have to remember that...

I'll keep at it then  :cool:

Shadow

You wizard you! Wonderful.

Lynnya

Thanks Shadow lol.. wizard I am not... ^-^  Witch maybe... >:D

Candice

I do so love you guys that can work with color.  The little guy looks great, Lynnya.
Candice

Lynnya

thanks Candy... I've been struggling with this one.. here is my latest WIP .. eyes please friends..

Shadow

Awesome!  :up: :up:

Lynnya

Oh wow.. really?? got lost in the plot on this one... as I do.. Thanks Shadow.  :hug:

Hannie

Great job Lynn!
Depending how large the photo is wether it will show up in print, there is some damage left on baby's chin.

At the end of a restore I zoom in close for a final check over.  I always find it surprising that while working for days I still manage to overlook damage.   :mad:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Even when I think I've given it a good once over, after I post it on here there is undoubtedly something that stands out. Nice to have everyone's eyes  :wow:  double checking.

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie... I'll check that and resend it in.. appreciate all eyes.. :hug:

Yes there was.. I'm not sure if it would have shown it was a 4x5 but there's no way I'd want an image to go home with fixable damage.. that's why I love this forum.. I'm sure in the past (knowing me) I've sent in loads of images still with damage that could have been fixed.. I did fix it and resent it in to Bambi. :up: