• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Christmas

Started by Shadow, May 03, 2017, 12:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Here's a new one. Added Curves layer. How does the color look to you? Suggestions for treetop? Thanks all.

Lynnya

Looks like off to a good start.. for the tree top I would do the ole select bits of good tree and jump.. over and over and over ...lol I looked at this one too and thought the reds were a bit over saturated after the correction (I did the printscreen trick).. seems like a bit too much red in the clothes and tree, just a tiny smidge... I may be off tho..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks for the good eye Lynn! Checked the Gamut warning for the reds and  :D  Found a tip for quick reduction of oversaturated colors. It said to add either a B&W Adj Layer or a Gradient Map Adj Layer. Tried both and they both work. Started with the Opacity for the Adj Layer at 0 and then just went up 1% at a time until the Gamut warning was gone. Whatcha' think?

Hannie

Hi Lyn,

I thought that your first attempt looked quite good, no?
If you feel the red is too much red, you can also desaturate or use a Color Balance layer.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

I glazed over with the gamut warning thing lol...  :crazy: looks good though.. I'm with Hannie.. I thought your first was great and the reds were just a smidge red.. but it just could be my monitor ... keep going ducky.. s'gonna be great :up2: (I think I would have just desaturated the reds hardly a smidge (technical term)...).. I've never played with Gamut.. :cool:

Shadow

Funny Lynn. I used the gamut warning so I could see what you might be seeing with the oversaturation. Normally would just use a Hue/Sat layer to bring it down. Yes Hannie, I like the first one too. Still learning about saturation and oversaturation.  Seem to lean toward more vibrant color. Here's a WIP. Cleanup is going slow.

Lynnya

Looking good girl.. couch looks great... like I said.. s'gonna be good :up:

Shadow

Appreciate your faith in me girl. Below is where it is at to this point. Tree looks off but not quite sure how to improve it. Tall statue in the middle of the piano has damage and I cleaned it up some but unsure how much more to do. Any and all thoughts/suggestions welcomed! Thx all.

Lynnya

I think it looks good Lyn... maybe blur the edge of the new part of the tree a bit? Not sure... I think it's a go!! :up2:

Shadow

Will try that Lynn. Thx

Hannie

Looks like new!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Lyn.. your Christmas picture makes me smile.. can you imagine how the family will feel.. :hug: lovely job!

Shadow

Thanks Hannie and Lynn.  :hug:

Candice

8)  Oi!  So much red!! 
Candice