• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

Seeing as it's a bit slow, I thought I'd start a thread on day to day stuff.

The Gang Gang cockatoos arrived with the young making an awful racket to be fed.

Today was fig picking and our dog Molly was running off with the dropped ones.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

AWWW Molly looks like such a sweetie... I went for a walk in the jungle and then lolled about a lot ....

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

I just love seeing these posts. 

Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

That's definitely a jungle Lyn.

What a beautiful shot Candy. Is it a hawk?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

It's a Red Tailed Hawk, Tess.  They do nest around the land but usually much farther behind us, which is the case this year, too. 
Candice

Hannie

Wow, what amazing shots everyone!  I miss the hawks, use to see them when I stayed Arizona. 
Lynn, the jungle looks like something out of a fairy tale, so beautiful. 
Tess, the cockatoo family is wonderful.  I never saw any of those around Melbourne.  Does Molly like to eat the figs or just to fetch them?

This groundhog I took a couple of years ago in Houlton Maine at the side of the house.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Cute goundhog Hannie. Molly likes to eat the figs, apples, pears, apricots, strawberries etc. If it's fruit, she will eat it. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

We made relish last week and tomato sauce this week. Our neighbourhood does a swap with fruit and veg. We give apples, figs etc and they give us tomatoes and carrots.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Oh wow. The cockatoos are very cool Tess and love Miss Molly's gorgeous eyes! Your neighborhood swap is neat. Like the bottles the sauce is in!  ^-^
Lynn ... gorgeous jungle. Is this where you and hubby take your strolls? I would run out of disc space for all the photos.  ::)
Candy, beautiful photo of the hawk! Do you spend lots of time looking out that window?
Hannie, like the cute little groundhog. Has the llama near you been behaving?
Shadow and I spent Friday at the lake since the weatherman said we would be in for it this weekend. It was gorgeous. There were a couple of brave sail boaters on the water (winds were high) and there were plenty of birds soaking up the sun. We just tootled around enjoyed a lazy day. Today we are just trying to stay dry. The weatherman was right and thunderstorms have been rumbling through for hours now.

Tess (Tassie D)

What a lovely shot Shadow. The lake sounds wonderful and relaxing.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Tess. We are lucky to be so close to the water. We escape there often.

Hannie

Tess, what a great idea to swap fruit with your neighbours.  Those bottles with sauce look like they will be really good, if I remember well tomato sauce is the same as ketchup?

A fruit eating kelpie, that is great!  My brother had a rottweiler named Jenny (rescue dog) that was crazy about tangerines.  Then one day she needed medications but refused to eat the teaspoon or so of granules, even when mixed up in her food.  My brother laced a tangerine with the granules and Jenny ate it.  About a minute after she finished the tangerine a perfect spray of granules she spit out.... ;D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Haha Hannie, smart dog. Yes ketchup and sauce are basically the same thing. Homemade is lots nicer. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Great photos! We were celebrating our anniversary (27 years) with a little shopping trip to St. Cloud. My photo would have been a shot of a bald eagle on the side of the highway. It had landed to investigate the remains of a deer, but I was driving and my husband wad asleep, so no photo :(
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Shadow

Happy Anniversary Tori! Sorry you missed the eagle shot.
Too funny Hannie. Shadow is not fond of medicine either. You think it has gone down with the peanut butter, cheese, bacon ... whatever, and then wala ... there's the confounded little pill on the floor. Now we do what the vet taught us - pill way back in the mouth, hold the mouth and then follow with treat ... er, meatball!  ::)
Tess, learned something new. Tomato sauce is ketchup. I was thinking of the cans of tomato sauce we use here. I imagined rows of those bottles on my shelf ... like good wine in the bottles.  :funny:  My Mom is Italian ... we use lots and lots of tomato sauce.  ;)