• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Schen, sounds like a great project to be involved with!!  Keep sharing those pictures. We love them!!
Candice

schen

The amazing variety of oak leaves:

Bur Oak, Chimney Fire Oak, Cut-leaved Daimyo Oak, Dean Oak
Dumast Oak, Oriental White Oak, Maple-leaved Oak, Turkish Oak
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Wow, didn't know there was such a variety of oaks! 
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

That is interesting.  I did not know that either.  About 5 years I planted some Oak saplings in the yard and every year they grow.  But I believe I will be long gone before they reach maturity.
phil

schen

Until I met these, I didn't know there are columnar oaks. These are Ware's Oak, a mix of Columnar English Oak and Swamp White Oak.

Shujen Chen

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Love the pics and the info Schen!! Thank you so much for sharing. Looking at all the trees around me with a keener eye. :)

schen

I had to make a quick trip to Taipei, Taiwan last week. Something interesting caught my eye. Outside of many office buildings, there were tables set up. When lunchtime came, Uber Eats delivery person came by motorcycle or scooter (don't have to worry about parking). They dropped off the food on the table and left. There was no receptionist or security. I was told that since the beginning of the pandemic, they refused delivery persons to enter the buildings. It worked so well, the practice continued.

Shujen Chen

Hannie

That is great Shujen! I don't think that would work here, I'm sure it would atract the pilferers.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

How interesting and nice that your food was still there.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Yesterday, I attended a Moth Night event at Morton Arboretum. Moth Night is an annual event performing census data for research. We hung a piece of white cloth with two lamps of different wavelengths on each side and waited for the moths to land on it. I used a macro lens I bought at the hotel during a 24-hour layover in Tokyo in 1979. The lens is sharp but has no auto-focus. The flutter of the cloth in the wind made it very difficult to take close-up pictures.

Shujen Chen

Shadow

Hannie

Some of those colors and patterns are unreal, very beautiful Shujen!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

Nice photos, Schen.  You hooked up your old lens to a digital camera.  They seem to be in good focus.  I'll bet you moved with the moving cloth. 
phil

philbach

No this was not out my bedroom window. 

phil