• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

School Days

Started by Candice, March 28, 2017, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

School days ~  To keep the pages consistent I volunteered to take the whole lot.  Thank you, Jonas! I am really enjoying these.  :hug:

These are the first 4 of 15.

Candice

Shadow

Hi Candy. I was hoping whoever got these would post them. Thank you! If you have time, would you share your process? These were more challenging than they might have looked. Look forward to seeing all of them.  ;)

Mhayes

Normally we wouldn't give one volunteer the whole series of photos, but in this case Candice made a great case they needed to be consistent. These photos are special as the husband and wife that brought them in lived in terror at the time of the flooding that they would drown. They live in the logging part of WV and when the flood started it broke logs off a a truck and those logs kept ramming their house with each wave of the flooding. The husband was really devastated about having his yearbook ruined. His wife mourned the loss of photos and other things, but seemed to bounce back better.

Very nice job Candice, and while it may seem like I'm not on the Forum as much--I've been under the weather again and trying to bounce back.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Thank you, Margie, for further expounding on why I took these.  I hope you get to feeling better.  Know that you're in my prayers....  :hug:

As for my process... I'll try Shadow, but that's not one of my strong points.  Have you noticed that I don't tell others in here, most of the time, how to come up with a solution?  lol 
Candice

Shadow

Margie, sure sorry you are under the weather again. Wishing you a speedy return to your usual peppy self!
Candy, totally understand. Really like that your restore preserved the paper texture and you were able to get the test nice and sharp. Very nice!  :up:

Candice

Quote from: Shadow on March 29, 2017, 02:33:30 PM
Margie, sure sorry you are under the weather again. Wishing you a speedy return to your usual peppy self!
Candy, totally understand. Really like that your restore preserved the paper texture and you were able to get the test nice and sharp. Very nice!  :up:

Thank you... I can tell you that the first thing I did was to take one picture and do a curves layer on it.  After that I opened each picture separately and dragged the curves layer over to the new picture.  Saved.  Moved on to the next. 

In this case, the font is easy to replace if needed.  It is Times New Roman which, of course, is a very common font on documents.  If I need to blur just a tad, I do so.  That way it takes away the pristine look that would have been there when new, but not in damage.  Fortunately there aren't many pages that need names replaced. 

When working on coloration, as in this case, there is a slight vanilla look much like OPRs page.  If there's no handwriting on the page, it's a simple coloration but if there is a signature, I keep the ink color. 

That's just some of the process.  After that it's just a matter of doing the same thing uniformly.
Candice

Lynnya

Hi Margie.. Sending you healing vibes dear..Feel better :hug:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Candy, great tip about the font! Your process explanation is excellent ... you teacher you!  ;)

Lynnya

Great work Candy... thanks for the tips too  :up: :up:

Mhayes

Candice thanks for the insight which could help the next person when it comes to text.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, not totally feeling great but a whole lot better.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

A couple more to share.  Keep in mind none are fully complete until the last run through.  I'm working on one and that leaves 7...

Candice

Hannie

Looking great Candice!

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Shadow

Thank you for sharing Candy. Looking very good!  :up:

Candice

Thanks :)  These have been fun!  So many elements to work with. 
Candice