• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Rooster house

Started by Shadow, March 14, 2017, 10:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi gang. Did an Auto Curves (thanks Margie) and then double ck'd the gray point. Have done some bkgd cleanup - more to do. Also think there are some slight color casts on the window frames and bricks so will give everything an extra look see. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

Hannie

Beautiful Lyn!
It almost looks like the blue/cyan tint in the bricks is damage, what does everyone else think?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks for the look-see Hannie. These color pics may not have loads of damage like some of the real oldies, but they are challenging in other ways. Funny how different areas take on color casts. Took the blue/cyan out of the blocks so everyone can see and decide ... thoughts?

Candice

This is really coming along well! :up:
Candice

Shadow

Thanks Candice! Any suggestions for the boards on the left side of the image.  :-[   In the original they have a green cast. Auto Curves takes that to something closer to a light blue on the right and slightly red cast on the left. This last attempt to even it out looks even worse to me. Not sure how to proceed. Help!  ::)

Lynnya

Hi Lyn looking good.. the last restore has the side of the house more of a pinky cast.. I did a levels rgb and then an auto curves and it came up more of a very light blue.. I actually think the blue wall (lower) is actually blue..like they painted the whole lot the same color.. just my take onnit... could be totally wrong of course  :cool:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Lynn. Agree with you. Hard to know what is what sometimes with the color. Thank goodness for the forum. Will step back on the wall to previous and send a copy with blue and one without the blue on the bricks and let Tess decide.  ^-^ 

Lynnya

Good solution  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...