• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check in to tell us where you're from...

Started by John, June 25, 2006, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DougB

Hi All,

Originally from Scotland, have been living in Surrey, England for many years.
I check out the forums every day, and enjoy the banter between this great group of volunteers.

Just finished my second photo, and looking forward to the next, although no more white spots please Christine!!!!

Doug.

Hannie

A big warm welcome to Doug and Christine's Mom!  Wow, Australia, Texas, England, New York, it is fun to read where you all live.  Ray, Australia is on my list of places that I would love to see again.  I lived in Melbourne for 6 years and had a great time!
New York is another place I would love to see some time.  I heard that the folks there are as outspoken as the Dutch are so I should feel at home!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Doug, you'll have to join in the madness now we know you're lurking round.  :D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Welcome Christine's mom, MJ, Pete and Doug.

New York City is at where the 17th century Dutch settlements, New Amsterdam and New Haarlem, were.  Hannie, you will feel right at home there.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

John

Quote from: Charlene5 on October 09, 2007, 08:18:31 PM
I am from the center of the known universe, Texas :)  I live about 50 miles north of Austin.  Been here for 25+ years.  Grew up Southern California, born in New York.

MJ

Upstate? Downstate?

I'm near Syracuse.

glennab

Wow, more welcomes are in order, for sure.  Chris's Mom – welcome (and I don't want to call you Chris's mom forever, so we must know your name!)  – I love that the two of you will be OPR-ing together.  And I have to add that your daughter is special beyond words (I'd guess you can take some credit for that).  I was lucky to have met her on our Biloxi run, and you're fortunate that she's your kid!

Doug, you dreamer -- no spots??  Are you kidding???  She thrives on spots – and that's just for starters!  I'm glad you're aboard.  A welcome addition to our international crew.  I look forward to your posts.

Pete, old-timer, it's good to know where you're wreaking your havoc.  From the deep south to NY, NY.  That must have been one heck of a transition!  And Ray – another wonderful Aussie.  I should have figured!

MJ, the wild woman!  I'd go toe to toe with you on exactly where the center of the universe might be, but of course that's subjective.  You're a breath of fresh air with that zany sense of humor.

As one of the oldest OPR old-timers, I have to say it's so great that word's getting around and we're blessed with so many newbies from points all over the globe.  I think we're proof that the world really can be a global community.  Let's make it so!

Hugs

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Gavh

I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. I live in a small wine town about 80km inland from the coast. I'll say a bit more when I can think of more to say, hehe :D

kiska

QuoteI live in a small wine town

Oh DEAR! Hope Christine doesn't see this. ;)
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

cmpentecost

I should have never, ever shared the story of the maid stealing my wine!!!   ;D

Christine

klassylady25

Atlantis

It looks like I'm the second Dutchy here. Lived in Amsterdam when I was very young, moved to the south for a few years and spent the rest of my life in several places in the northern provinces.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Graphx

I live in Frankfort, Indana. I'm originaly from Ohio in a small ton in Van Wert

laportelj

I live in Utica, Michigan now,
   was born and lived in Virginia until I was 11 yrs.
   then I moved to Defiance, Ohio (near Van Wert)
   Then Became a  Jacksonville Florida teenager
                                    Small World    LOL

cmpentecost

It is a small world Jane.  I lived in Jacksonville for 14 years until just 2 years ago!

Christine

laportelj

I still have family there in Orange Park and Green Cove Springs

Jane