• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check in to tell us where you're from...

Started by John, June 25, 2006, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

pcraft

I was just checking out the visitor locations on the ClustrMap on the bottom of the page on
the left and noticed there's a very large contingent of OPR'ers on the west coast of
Hudson Bay...  For being such a remote area of Canada (North America), that's a very
large bunch of restorers...  Come on, fess up and let us know a bit about yourselves from
that area of the world..  Please??   :loveit:

PS.  If there's any other remote areas of the world, I invite you folks to reply also..   :up:

Johnboy

Hamilton, Ohio just down the road a piece from Miami University ( the one in Florida came after this one). That is southwest Ohio between Cincinnati and Dayton. Originally from western Pennsylvania.

I too am a Newbie. Thanks for all your help on my first restoration. Kenny, I too have really learned from your tutorials and reading the suggestions posted by others in response to problems. I have started a Word document where I have copied some of the URLs to some of the posted tutorials. Then when I get time I investigate. Saves having to remember which post I saw a tutorial listed.

Johnboy

schen

Chicago western suburb, USA

Lived here for half of my life already.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Hi!

I'm going to add to Robert's plea to hear from those of you who are outside the US.  Are you Americans living abroad, living in your country of origin or have you moved from your homeland to another country?

This is a wonderful world-spanning community, and I'd love to know more about the generous, huge-hearted people who are involved in this labor of love for our Gulf residents.  It gives me so much hope for the world when we can all come together for a worthy cause.  It reinforces my belief that good people know no borders!

Hugs to all of you.

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

KathyCr

Hello all, from Seattle.

I'm brand spankin' new to OPR, and a relative novice "restorer"...mostly just fixed some stains/tears/discoloration on old family fotos.

John

glennab

Hi Kathy

I want to add my welcome to John's.  It's wonderful to have new volunteers.  Sounds as if your experience is about where mine was when I signed up last June.  Prepare yourself for some real challenges, but also know that you'll get plenty of help from fellow volunteers if you run into any roadblocks.  Just post, and you'll have eagle eyes (and some old ones like mine) checking out your restoration and offering observations, tips & tricks.  You've just become part of a world-wide group of incredible friends.  It doesn't get any better than OPR.  I'm glad you're one of us!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Grottzork

Visby, Sweden

I'm totally new and I'm trying to find my way around here... :)
I'm waiting to do my first  image, hopefully I can do it justice. I'm a bit nervous.

I'm a member of Wk1 and there I  learned about OPR.
I noticed a couple of familiar faces in this thread and that made me feel a bit more at home!

I'm impressed by your fantastic work and hopefully I can contribute a little and learn a lot.

/Grotto

cmpentecost

Welcome to OPR and the forums Grottzork!  We're a fun group of people, and are glad you have joined us.

I just sent you your first image.  Feel free to post your image to the forums if you would like feedback on it.

Christine

Grottzork

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi everyone. Just joined from Tasmania, Australia. I've done a lot of work on old photos for family and friends and thought this organisation is a great way to give back precious photos to people.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Tassie D,

Welcome aboard! Us Aussies need a bit more representation here, we tend to be outnumbered by all the topsiders. ;D

I an sure you will enjoy the experience, the frustrations and the friendships there is a great group of people here who are always there to support you when you need that extra set of eyes, and an unbiased opinion.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks Max. Are there avatars and signature banners that we can use for other forums. I'm a member on several and would like to use a sig banner if thats allowed.

Something like this?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Grottzork and Tassie -- Wow we're becoming even more international.  I want to add my welcome to Christine's and Max's.

I'll tell  you that I was anxious and excited when I joined OPR as the organization was just getting underway, and the experience gets better and better.  I still begin each restoration feeling a bit inadequate, but with a lot of help from my friends on the forum, I've gotten through them.

The forum is a great way to get assistance if you run into a snag or need a tip or trick to get you through your restoration.  Many people (I'm one of them) will download posted works-in-progress to see if we can get any more information or figure out an easier way around some of the damage when you ask for help.  I hope you'll post and stay in touch with the rest of the volunteers.

Again welcome -- it's wonderful to have you with us.

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)