• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check in to tell us where you're from...

Started by John, June 25, 2006, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapphnath

Hello, all.
I was born in the city of Baltimore, Maryland, USA and have never lived more than twenty miles from it.

glennab

Hi guys,

This is Central Florida's time to gloat (sort of - we actually had our air conditioners on last week - that's a bit much for December!).  This week it's sunny, low 70s during the day, 40s-60s at night.  It's why we have so many visitors during the holidays.

Here's a great quote from a friend of mine in Maryland:  "Take your 70 degree weather and do not speak to me of it.  May you get sunburned and all kinds of freckles.  It's winter up here and I don't like it."

Yeah, but you don't have mega-roaches, billions of ants, termites and fleas, blistering heat and humidity in summer and hurricanes!  I suspect it balances out in the long run.

GG

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Yes, but in Montana, we have no humidity, no hurricanes, no tornadoes, no cockroaches, and nothing but beautiful mountains and scenery.  It's cold in the wintertime but we have great powder to ski in.  Spring and summer bring tons of wildflowers, fall brings warm days and cool nights. 

Montana....it's a privilege, not an invitation!

Chris

glennab

Hi Chris

I love the fact that you enjoy where you live so much!  It sounds like gorgeous country. I've never been northwest of New Hampshire, so I haven't had the chance to revel in the things that mean so much to you.  Just the view must be unbelievable.  Our turf is flat, flat, flat!!!

We've always talked about heading in that direction if we were ever able to get a motor home and travel the states.  I've been all over the world, and to be honest I want more than anything to see more of our beautiful country.  Oh, for a winning lotto ticket!!!

G'night.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

I grew up in SW Wisconsin, moved to the Milwaukee area after college, got transferred to FL in '92 by my company, lived in FL for 14 years, and never, ever felt like I was "at home", until now.  My husband and I searched for 3 years where we wanted to live, and I never found it until we found Bozeman.  It has everything I want.  We live out in the country, where the wildlife is abundant (we had 9 mule deer in our yard this afternoon, including one "baby" a few feet from our living room window, which the cats got their thrills from).  The smallest parcels of land around us are 40 acres, and cannot be subdivided, and we have 200 acres across the road from us that is in conservation easement, which means it can never be developed.  I'm 20 minutes to town, 20 minutes to Bridger Bowl, 20 minutes to great hiking and biking.  What else is there????  Oh yeah...clean fresh air, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, low crime rates, friendly people.

I guess I should reiterate the motto of many Montanans, that Montana is a privilege, not an invitation!

Chris

RosyBijou

Hello!
Brand new to OPR & still trying to figure things out...
Wow!  How wonderful that this organization has volunteers from so many places! 
I was born in San Francisco, raised in upstate New York (about two & a half hours north of Syracuse) & now live in central Connecticut.
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

Kenny

Quote from: RosyBijou on December 29, 2006, 11:24:31 PM
Hello!
Brand new to OPR & still trying to figure things out...
Wow!  How wonderful that this organization has volunteers from so many places! 
I was born in San Francisco, raised in upstate New York (about two & a half hours north of Syracuse) & now live in central Connecticut.

Welcome to OPR, Rosie! Things are a little slow right now with the end of this round coming to a close, but soon we'll all be restoring to our heart's content.

Take this time to look around the forum and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! We were all noobs at one point, so we're willing to help new people get into the swing of things.

Again, Welcome!

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?

Ausimax

Just about time we had some updates from our newer members, come on folks fess up. :up2:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Landailyn

Hi, everyone. I'm Janine, from Fort Worth, Texas. Just getting started with OPR, and looking forward to the experience!

glennab

Hi Janine

Welcome to the OPR community.  It's good to have you with us.  I'll testify that you won't find a more wonderful group of pixel-pushers with whom to work on your restorations.  If you need any help, someone will be sure to jump in and offer tricks and tips.  This is a group with the biggest hearts imaginable -- and from all over the world.  It's the best!

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

jneil2

Hello everyone,

I am just about to upload my first restoration,  WHEW!!  Not perfect, but definitely an improvement--should make someone happy!

I am from San Diego, CA.  Born in Vancouver, Canada.

This is really a worldwide effort!

Jan

glennab

Welcome, Jan

It's great to have newbies posting.  And finishing restorations!  I hope you find OPR as wonderful an experience as I have.  Good to have you with us, California!

Glenna (Florida)

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

nitehawk

Hello.   I'm from Gilroy, California.

laportelj

cmpentecost

Welcome all of our new OPR volunteers!  We're thrilled to have you aboard.  We're a great group of people that offer terrific feedback on our photos.

Christine Pentecost
Bozeman, MT