• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check in to tell us where you're from...

Started by John, June 25, 2006, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlene5

Quote from: FayRatta on September 22, 2008, 12:24:13 PM
Waco, Texas. A really great place despite what you think you know about it  ;)

Fay

A neighbor!  I'm in Harker Heights, near Killeen :)

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

mistermultimedia

Mhayes

Welcome Mistermultimedia to OPR from Kansas!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Niksmum

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lena48

Columbia, Missouri (originally an upstate New Yorker - I mean really upstate - Syracuse area!)

Deborahjc

Hi,

I'm currently living in the "New Forest" (well it was new 900+years ago) in the UK by way of Singapore, Tokyo, New Hope Pennsylvania, Diamond Bar Ca and Arizona.

I am a newbie and happy to be here.  No one told me it was so addictive!  My husband is starting to miss his used to be regular meals.   >:D

Deb

glennab

Deborah, we should probably have somewhere on the site one of those 5,000-word disclaimers about addiction, etc, etc.  There's no getting around it, and it just gets worse and worse (or better and better, depending on whether you're the restorer or the significant other).  My hubby comes into my office every evening wanting to know if I'm coming to bed.  I always say, "Yep, I'll be right there."  Two hours later I'm still doing "just one more thing."  And heaven forbid that I don't have a restoration already lined up when I finish the one on which I'm working. Not pretty!

So for what comfort it is... you're not alone!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Welcome Deborah and welcome all the other newbies as well!
It is great to see so many new volunteers and a lot of you are posting your restore work on the forum! Great way to get some more tips.

I  could use a cook around here as well, and a cleaner would be nice so instead of the addiction disclaimer OPR could provide butlers to each volunteer! (please)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mawgwet

Hannie, Great idea. I could use a job. Let's see now, I could fly do your house, while I"m flying to your house, I could be doing another restore on my laptop, -- wouldn't that be kind of like curb service? Have it done by the time I get there, hand delivered... You might have something going there. Great Idea.

johnalever

I'm from Long Beach, Mississippi, USA.  Ground zero for Hurricane Katrina.

John A. Lever

Hannie

Welcome John, hope you didn't lose your home then.  I remember seeing a photo where all the homes except one were destroyed...

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi John, welcome to OPR from Kansas--land of OZ. Hope you did not have your home destroyed?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Eric4562

Marydh

I live just north of Charlotte, North Carolina.
What a great organization.
Mary