• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check in to tell us where you're from...

Started by John, June 25, 2006, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: laportelj on March 19, 2008, 06:40:18 PM
I live in Utica, Michigan now,
   was born and lived in Virginia until I was 11 yrs.
   then I moved to Defiance, Ohio (near Van Wert)
   Then Became a  Jacksonville Florida teenager
                                    Small World    LOL

I live near Utica, NY!  I know, lucky me.

laportelj

:wow: :funny:

Yes you are, I've never been there and it's a long drive LOL.

Jane

cmpentecost

I lived primarily in the Julington Creek area, after Baymeadows and Riverside first.

Chris

Pelican

I've lived in the north Denver Metro area (town of Westminster) pretty much all my life. I was born in the small town of Norton KS, but when I was two I moved to Denver. The family wasn't to keen on the idea but I loaded them up and dragged them kicking and screaming all the way. I plotted my move for about a year in advance. Here is a picture of the young rebel shortly after he learned that the world was much bigger than his own back yard.

The family has gotten used to it here though I should say. They aren't mad at me anymore. ;D

laportelj

Hey Pelican very cute , all that little guy needs is an old west cowboy hat, gun and holsters. LOl he looks like a handfull.

Jane

glennab

Good grief, Curtis!  Talk about a little guy with a lot of clout!  Either that or the rest of your family is a bunch of wusses!

The photo is adorable.  Should we start a gallery of everyone at toddler age? That would be fun!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Pelican

I had to load and unload the truck all by myself and it wasn't easy!

Note the dates on the pictures...LoL!

Special note. This pic: mom didn't run to save me right away. She ran to grab the camera. I remember this incident...I was stuck and she was laughing! :loveit:

mschonher

That is an adorable photo Curtis. I can't see the date except for the November but I'm sure the pic isn't very old.
Glenna, since you and I are about the same age I bet we have luggage older than Curtis!

Mary

glennab

Mary, I probably have SOCKS older than Curtis, if he's the age he looks in his avatar.  But let's just keep that between the two of us, shall we?  I'll finally confess that the photos of the elderly woman in the Biloxi photos are really my grandmother.  I sent her in my stead so the team would be gentle on me (ha! She told me that ruse didn't work!)

I guess we'll have to try to enjoy the "I can't f**%&$!!ing see a thing" days, and the "my bones hurt like the devil; do you think we have weather coming in?" days, and the "don't make me laugh too hard; you know what happens!" days and just believe we're the age we are in our minds.  (I'm stuck at about 30 -- the best days of my life, and the year I met my beloved!)

I'll hang in there if you will!

Hugs,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

That is a great picture of you and the truck Curtis, you look a little worried there!
Glenna I think your Granny looks fabulous!

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

laportelj

Glenna you just wrote my biography.

Jane

laportelj

By the way Curtis reminds me very much of my beloved Johnny Depp

glennab

Jane, I was trying to figure out who Curtis resembles, and you just solved that for me.  I've been a fan of JD since 21 Jump Street. I'm sure Curtis will be thrilled to death to find out that two old gals think he resembles Mr. Depp.

So, if I wrote your biography along with mine, whaddaya think – is it going to rain this weekend?  My fingers are aching!

Cheers,

Glenna

P.S. Hannie, I'll let Nana know you think she looks good.  Thanks on her behalf!  (Ironically, I actually look so much like my grandmother.  In one of the cat photos I posted there's a framed photo of her, and it freaks me out that I so resemble her.  I wish she were really here to do anything, even the Biloxi run!)

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

laportelj

I think it will rain,
and I too look like my grandmother, but dang it why do I have to feel like her!

Jane

schen

Please, no more rain or snow.  We have enough here for a while.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6