• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Old family group

Started by Lynnya, January 08, 2017, 09:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Just starting on this lovely image.. don't ya just love these oldies  :loveit:
here is my wip so far... levels, curve auto, black and white adjustment layer - trying to keep it where I can see the eyes and mouth details.. Do you think the white splotches around the tree are leaves or damage.. I think the palm shaped leaves are real but I'm not sure about the white rounder ones..The more I work on it and look at it ... it seems like it may be light coming through the trees...

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

This is a great oldie and I like where you've taken it so far! The smaller white spots look like light coming through the tree to me, but that bigger one just below the pic's edge ... not sure about that one.

Lynnya

Hi Shadow thanks... I still have a long way to go but this is my WIP so far.. I'm now thinking that may be damage around the tree...but not sure.. need other's input..

Shadow

In the latest WIP it does look more like damage. Looking very good by the way!

Lynnya

this is where I'm at.. comments and suggestions welcome..

Mhayes

Lynn, Looking good. The boy on the bench on your right needs to have have his pants coming down to his shoes--just lighten in an area and the mind will get it. Otherwise he is cut off from his shoes. I don't know if it is just me, but does anyone else want the whites toned down a little?

:up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Yes... I do  :funny: will fix both.. Um wait... I thought it was a girl with a skirt.. her foot is peeping out no?? I'll upload a bigger version and lighten the skirt...

any better??

Mhayes

You ma ybe right. I'm still confused with the dark area that looks like an ink blob running across where her/his knees? More tomorrow when I feel better.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

how's this..Hope you're feeling better today Margie... :hug: Take good care of yourself... we need you on that wall... :mad:

Shadow

Happy Monday Morning! Really like what you have done! That Margie has the good eyes!  :D
The skirt on the little girl on the right looks great. Maybe zoom in and check her ear ...  can't tell for sure. Looks like the guy in the back on the left, there's a wee bit of a line on his face onto the hat. Awesome how far you've taken this wonderful oldie  :up:

Lynnya

Thanks Shadow.. need your eyes every time  :up:  I don't know what that was near the girl's ear.. could have been damage or a ribbon or something.. It's gone now and is less distracting.. also fixed  where I think you meant on the guy in the back left.. let me know if you see anything else..

Shadow

Beautiful. Send your masterpiece home!

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Shadow and Margie for help... I've send them all home  :loveit:

Mhayes

Lynn, I got your upload and it looks great. Nice job on the skirt, even if I got confused and thought it a boy.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]