• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pool Party

Started by Lynnya, December 20, 2016, 04:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

New one with bad color problems...

I've managed to get the skin to about where it should be rgb wise.. and the neutrals and about right..I toned down the brightness with a soft light layer and brushed over it with about 15% just to tone it down a bit..suggestions and comments welcome.

this on I dropped the yellow just a tad and upped the green.. to bring out the plants more..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Lynn, I think it is looking good. One thing to remember is that we color correct to get the best and closest to what the original was. Sometimes we are stuck with photos that were not good in the beginning. This was taken in full sun had some really blown out highlights like the payment around the pool.  In those areas, it is okay that they are blown out.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie.  Good point..

Shadow

Lynn, looking very good! Like the way you added the soft light layer to tone it down a bit. Think you nailed the pool water! Way to go!  :up:

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn I'm planning on putting some blow out back in.. keep it original..Re the Taz Tally tutorial.. I skipped the first half or more of technical stuff and went straight to the color discussions,  historgrams and neutrals... he has a way of teaching that I find very easy to understand and makes perfect sense.... this week... 

here is my final - don't like how light it is but that's how it was I guess  :-\

Shadow

Hey Girl. Looking good. In the plants on the top, is that a big leaf? And maybe damage from across the man and to the right? Just checking. You're right ... think this is probably an image with meaning and not necessarily a pro shot. Heaven knows I have plenty like that  ;D
I like Taz too. My eyes glaze over with the technical stuff. His explanations are straight forward and following his steps usually brings rewarding results.

Lynnya

I may have uploaded the wrong version...Again...Not the first time lol...On my smart phone..Will check as soon as I get home..

Shadow

Lynnya

Actually... I totally messed up and missed all that... seems like you're gonna have to keep a close eye on me  Shadow...thanks  :hug:

Shadow

You are most welcome.  :)  I know you'd do the same for me.
Time to send this party home!  :up:

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn,,, I sent them all home and just hope Margie says it's o.k. otherwise I'm in big trouble  :mad:

Mhayes

Lynn, looks great to me, but you're home safe anyway since this photo is not from my gallery.  :cool:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Yes but your opinion matters hugely to me  :hug: