• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sweet Baby in a crib Margie's Forum

Started by Lynnya, December 18, 2016, 12:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all, here's my latest. I did a levels adjustment first in rgb channels noting the historgrams didn't go out of bounds but used up all their space.  Then I did a curves adjustment (Taz Tally - I'm in love with him) for the neutrals and tweaked the skin tones to where they should be.. this is what I got.. (I ignored the white damage as It's not part of the image..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Good to see you ... and with such a sweet little one! I checked a screen shot and your corrections look excellent on my screen! I too like Tally's techniques.
Look forward to seeing you work your magic with this one  :up:

Lynnya

thanks shadow.. yes I have seen that one.. just coming to the end of his wonderful color correction tutorial..there was a section on baby skin  :up: this is pretty much my final unless anyone can come up with stuff  :cool:

this is a larger version..

Shadow

Looking good. Maybe tweak the color on the left side and bottom of the crib where it looks a bit yellow? You can mask the little one if need be?

Lynnya

yeah... I noticed that... sort of ignored it.. I'll fix it now you've mentioned it lol

thanks for your good set of eyes :up: Is this better..

Mhayes

Lynn, your restore looks beautiful. One suggestion is to make the writing at the bottom a little darker. Take the Rectangular Marquee tool and come across the bottom so that it includes the lower border and the print--then do a Levels Adjustment where where you take the left slider and move all the way over to where you have no clipping. Then merge down.

The other thing I would be tempted to do is to add another layer set to soft light and then with a brush opacity set to 25% or lower brush over the mattress and possibly the baby's outfit.

Shadow, I appreciate your posting a tutorial, but in this case since it came up as a PDF and it is from lynda.com--was this a freebie, or did you get this from a paid lesson? We could get in trouble using copyright material and even though I do not see the copyright notice; the PDF does have lynda.com on every page. If this is not free to the public--I would remove.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Is this better?? Thanks for the tips Margie.. going in the tips folder  :up: (replaced image with yellow around text)

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Looks good Lynn. Just a thought ... if you take the Magic Wand, Set Tolerance to 7 or less and contiguous, click on the space between letters at the bottom to select. (on mine it selected the whole frame) Make a new layer and fill the selection with white. This removed all the remaining yellow cast around the letters.
Margie, it did not have a copyright notice but just to be safe I took down the link.  :up2:

Mhayes

Thanks Shadow. I assume you got the tutorial by paying to use Lynda.com? That was why I was leery about sharing.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Margie. It was from a Google search for Taz Tally extreme color correction and not Lynda.com but it is good to be careful. Forgot that just because it's available on google doesn't mean it's really available. Thank you for keeping me straight! And wow, stay warm up there!

Mhayes

Shadow, I think a link would be safe and that's what you did. However, I thought maybe you downloaded a PDF and thought it was from a lesson plan.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Shadow.. thanks for the text tip.. worked like a charm.. I'll put THAT one in my folder as well...

I've replaced yellow text image with the new clean one... I think he's ready to go home...