• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Blond Boy

Started by Lynnya, December 11, 2016, 09:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang,  I think this may be more difficult than I first thought.. couple of questions.. I think the circle on my right on his sweater is not damage.. looks real.. also, is that a shadow across his chest? I know it's damage color but looks like a shadow of a tree branch or something..I took gray point number 3 on his left arm for the best color correction.. number one in the top my right was too yellow. suggestions appreciated. Ok..on further inspection.. the shadows on the background appear to be damage as it runs into his hair on his right side...

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I agree that the circle looks too circular for damage - but I find it hard to be sure when looking at a scaled down image. I also think the shadows on both background and sweater are from a tree. The skin and hair seem to have a blue cast in your right hand version. You may need to just eyeball the curves adjustment as there may be no neutral gray in the original image.

I'm guessing this has fond memories for the family, even though the heavy shadows are a bit distracting.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

thanks Jo Ann..

I've been playing with it while waiting for input.. this is where I'm at..

Jo Ann Snover

I like the colors a better in this version.

I think the absence of the tree shadows on the wall makes the heavy branch shadow on his sweater look a little odd - it made more visual sense with tree shadows everywhere. I don't mind dappled light - this will never look like a studio portrait, so the setting is just part of the overall casual mood.

That kid is still so cute.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

you're right :up:

how's this for a start..

Jo Ann Snover

That looks much more natural to me - I like it :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann I really appreciate your input :hug:

Shadow

Hey girl. Looks good!  :up:

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn... bout time you showed up for work  :mad:

Shadow

:funny:   You crack me up! Shadow and I have been out whittling that long Christmas list down! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Did you send your blond boy home?

Lynnya

No not yet..you got some picking at him to do?? Christmas is no excuse for leaving me all alone in the office..good job JoAnn was in hers :P

Shadow

Hmmm ... I did try the Auto Curves on the little guy (You taught me that trick.  ^-^ ) and it gave a bit warmer version. Not better just warmer. Like you and Jo Ann, I found the round circle distracting and would have been asking for opinions about removing it. You did a great job keeping the texture of his sweater intact. That is consistent in all your restores ... your attention to detail! Glad you put the shadows back ... looks better.
And now, Lyn and her 4 legged elf are off to wrap, wrap, and wrap some more!!  ::)  Be back later.

Lynnya

Have fun friends.. I'm off out to the tikki bar :crazy:
I increased the saturation a tad... any better??

Hannie

I like it Lynn! 

(beautiful child, lovely shot)

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie.. I think I'll send him home...