• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Little Ones

Started by Shadow, November 28, 2016, 05:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Happy Monday to all! Here's a new one.

Tried a couple different methods for the overall color and the 2 bands of discoloration on the bottom. Settled for Levels - Alt click RGB in from the ends, B&W Green Filter with Yellow pushed to 145 and then a Curves layer to tweak the bottom band only.

Merged layers for Dust/Scratches Filter to level out some of the tiny shiny bits throughout the image. Merged the layers again for trusty healing tools and some copy/paste for a few of the stubborn edges. Copied the lower right corner onto a separate layer and used Gaussian blur. Any suggestions on how to improve this corner would be much appreciated!
Ended with a Dodge/Burn layer using paintbrush and black/white to tweak it a bit more.
All thoughts and feedback welcome. All that good food last week has me a bit muddled today  ::)

Lynnya

Hi Shadow.. yes I 'm a bit muddled today as well  :cool: I couldn't remember how to find neutral gray using difference... took a while for the penny to drop.  I think your restore looks beautiful.. I was a bit distracted by the little girls hair in back and on top a bit now I look again.. I think it's damage but how to move forward I don't know.. anyhow, it's lovely. Nice job. :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

I like that saying ... "took a while for the penny to drop" ... good one!
Thanks for your kind words and feedback. I thought the same thing about the hair and thought I would wait on feedback to see what wiser minds than mine thought  :) Will go over it again and see what I can come up with.
Welcome Back!

Shadow

Lynn, my what great eyes you have!  ;D  Thanks for giving it a good look see.
See what you think of this. I dodged some of the dark area just above her shadow and beneath the hair and did some healing and dodging on the top as well. Just ck'd the preview and see 2 more dark spots on top - will address those as well. Hard to tell what is that fine little girl hair and what isn't about half way up.

Mhayes

Shadow, I think they look beautiful.  :up: The only thing I might change would be on your right side by the little boy. The background is a shade darker and I would bring it down maybe to as low as his suspender on the other side. That way you won't have that triangle of white in that corner. It will also help define a little more of the boy's white shirt.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Margie. Maybe something like this?

Lynnya

Looks great to me Lyn :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Lynn. Glad Margie caught that. I took the shading down a bit farther than she suggested and added your texture tip with the noise and pixelate on 50% gray.

Mhayes

Looks good to me too! Ready to send back.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thank you Margie. I really appreciate your good eye  :cool: and feedback. You and all the gang sharing your feedback and suggestions make my restores WAY better than they could be if it was just me.  :hug: