• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Rivet Girls

Started by Lynnya, December 01, 2016, 09:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Good catch on the name. We do not scan but instead use cameras on copy stands, but the image may be upside down when it comes time for us to crop to size. If you go to rotate image and pick 180, see if if will be correct? It will change the orientation but hope to have the name right.

Photo needs to be changed: Go to Image>Image Rotation>Flip Canvas Horizontal. That will correct the orientation and the name will not be backwards.

Other than our goof, looking really nice Lynn.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Fixed the backwards text.. Sending them home  :)

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Lynn, they look great. What I was getting at in my last post is that when we cropped the photo, we got the orientation wrong. That is easy to do when you are looking at a photo that is upside down. Yes, now the text is correct and probably the owner won't notice that the picture is now switched. However, it's not like the original. You could go back a previous WIP and switch, but now with the letters correct you can't switch this version. Hope this makes sense? The text was the clue that the photo was rotated the wrong way.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Um... I think I got that.. in the original in National Geo. see here http://natgeofound.tumblr.com/post/64832292122/children-wearing-mardi-gras-costumes-in-new they are the same way round and the text is right.. I can flip it if you want tho..

Mhayes

Now I'm really confused, because you are right about the picture. But in the original we shot the print is backwards. Leave it as you have it. I had no idea this was in the National Geographic. Thanks, but still baffled.  :wow:

Send em home and thanks.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

thanks will do  :D I'm baffled too...

Jo Ann Snover

Quote from: Mhayes on December 03, 2016, 02:10:38 PM
... I had no idea this was in the National Geographic. Thanks, but still baffled.  :wow:

How about this for a possible explanation? In the enlarged post of the OPR original, it seems that there's a depth to the letters. Old photo studios sometimes used those embossing stamps on their prints. Is it possible that the OPR print had the embossing stamp done on the back (probably by mistake) and the family was given that print and the National Geo got another print with the name the right way around?

It's clearly the same image, but if you look at the location of the studio lettering in relation to the stains and marks on the sidewalk, it clearly isn't the same location of the stamp

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Jo Ann.. the plot thickens  :cool: sounds reasonable...

Mhayes

Wow! Thanks Jo Ann, how interesting.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Don't ya just love a good mystery?!