• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Florida Tornado's

Started by Ausimax, February 03, 2007, 07:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

We have heard on the news out here about the Tornado's in Florida, they a very general about the area effected (Central Florida) . I have been worried about Glenna, I sent her a email last night, and have had no reply, I know that could be general disruption of communications. However has anybody heard from her or know if her area was effected?

We would not want her to become a Client of OPR. We grieve for all those who suffered the loss of loved ones and possessions and wish them all the best in recovery.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Dave

Max,

I believe Glenna lives in Tampa which is along the gulf coast. Hopefully, she is out of harm's way, but we have many volunteers who live in FL.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Dave,

Yes I am sure there are many OPR members in Florida, and we can only hope that they are ALL safe and well. It was strange to log in this morning and find not a post had been entered overnight, and you wonder with the intervention of distance what is happening.

I know communications in the whole of Florida have probably been overloaded, hopefully over the next few days all our flock will check in, we don't need to start supplying our own clients.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Hi!

I wanted to reassure you all that we were "only" hit by heavy winds, lightning and unbelievable rain.  The worst we suffered was a drenched dining room from a roof leak.  I'm west of Tampa on the southern tip of St. Petersburg.  We lucked out.  My understanding is that east Tampa was hit pretty badly and the tornadoes cut a swath east across central Florida.  I heard that 19 people lost their lives to the storms -- mostly toward the east coast and including a friend of one of my associates' parents. I pray that none of our Florida volunteers was seriously affected.

I haven't been checking the forum the past few days because I'm still battling bronchitis, and my load at work, extra hours and the stress level have been incredible. I've been checking the forum at lunchtime, but have spent a lot of time sleeping and reading.  Too much activity or talking brings on horrendous coughing spells.  Hopefully the second round of antibiotics I'm taking will get me back to normal.

I appreciate your concern more than I can tell you!

My love to all of you.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Peter_AUS

Glenna,

Good to hear you are OK.

With the Bronchitis, Linctus Pholcodeine will help with that.
Regards,

Peter

glennab

Thanks so much for your thoughts, Peter.

The newspapers are full of horrendous photos of the damage on the other side of the state. A "super cell" tornado came through around 3am, when no one was awake to get any warning of what was coming. The wind was up to 140mph in places, so strong that it picked up a semi-trailer and dumped it atop another one.  It's heartbreaking to see the photos of completely demolished homes.  The death toll is at 20, with many people injured.  I pray that our guardian angel continues to keep watch over us, because I can't imagine losing everything in a heartbeat the way those folks did. I mourn their loss!

Again, thanks for checking in.  It means so much to have friends as far away as you and Max who care enough to check on my welfare.

Best wishes always,

Glenna

By the way, thanks for the recommendation for bronchitis.  I'll definitely try to find some, because the antibiotics don't seem to be doing the trick.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kstruve

Glenna,

I'm glad to hear that you're ok.  I hope you recover soon from your bronchitis.  That stuff can linger for a while.

My best to you!

Kurt

glennab

Hi Kurt

I appreciate your checking in and your good wishes.

You're right about bronchitis.  I've never had respiratory problems, even when I've gotten the flu.  It's taken the stuffing out of me.

Getting old really bites!  Can't fight off bugs like I used to.  But I AM tough and stubborn, so I'll whip it.  When I was in my 30s I raced sailboats, camped, lifted weights, walked all the time - and decided I was NOT going to get old.  Arrogant punk!

Gonna try to do a little on my restoration before I brace myself for another tough week at work.

You have a wonderful week and stay warm!

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

RosyBijou

Glad to hear that you are out of harm's way.  Sending you warm thoughts of getting through the bronchitis & facing your work week too...
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

glennab

Kerry, your warm thoughts are so welcome.  Thanks.

That said, I want to know how the rest of our Floridians fared during the super cell attack.  I know there are at least 3 OPR volunteers in Tampa and some in South Fla. but am not sure if anyone lives in the east-central Fla area where the worst damage was.

C'mon guys, let us know you're okay, please!

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)