• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Faded Memory

Started by Lynnya, November 17, 2016, 02:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Starting my next challenge before I leave for Seattle to visit kids ::) :loveit: :hug:

oh boy.. this was a trip.. I'm trying to finish it before I fly tomorrow  :cool:

Feedback needed but not necessarily able to fix it :crazy:

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Oh Lynn, Oh My!  :wow:  Black spots have erupted all over your image too! Look forward to seeing how you work your magic!

Mhayes

Lynn, great job on the details in the man and I wouldn't worry about the background as you can replace it. On the man's face I would work on the really heavily damaged spots--forehead bad and also the light band across. Once you get there I would do some skin softening, but only on the skin and not to the point of looking plastic.

I also wouldn't blame you for leaving for Seattle sooner. It will hold until you get back, unless you are planning on going into the Witness Protection Program.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Margie.. I've put my WIP above.. if it's not up to snuff I'll redo it when I get back.  Margie I'm going to start over on it when I get back.. I don't like it.. I'll take a different tack..

JackR

Hi Lynn, looks good...I did a little on his face to even it out a bit...denoise, blur tool, blending sponge and added a little noise back in so it's not too smooth and plastic looking...just a thought...

The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

Lynnya

Thanks Jack for taking the time to do that.. yes it's rough.. I was trying to keep it sort of oldish looking but it's not working very well :-\ I downloaded denoise today so I'll probably redo the whole thing from scratch.. thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving :hug:  The more I look at it the more I want to start over...

Mhayes

Lynn, I think you have accomplished a great deal, but I would leave it for now and come back after Thanksgiving and give it another look. I have been where you are and all I think about is the finish line. One thing I would change is at the bottom where instead of it fading out in a straight line across, maybe more of a V?

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hey Girl, I like your images!  :up: You did a good job of keeping it old (if that makes sense) and getting rid of all the confounded spots!! 
Jack, I like what you did as well. Different approach and thanks for writing out how you got there.
... Margie just weighed in with an excellent suggestion. Approach it fresh after your wonderful trip!

Lynnya

Hi gang.. back from stuffing my face in Seattle.. hope all had a good time. Here we go again with my gentleman.. comments and suggestions needed.. thanks.. I should add.. I used frequency separation thanks to Jo Ann .. I think it helped.. I don't want to lose the "old" look hence it's a bit rough.. (that's my excuse anyway)..

Shadow

Hey Girl. Glad you're back. We had to "roll" all the way home we were so stuffed ... how about you?
Your gentleman looks really good. Another one ready to head home.  :up:

Lynnya

Hey! I'm jet lagged or something... I musta gained 10lbs ...Oh well, back to the grind.  Thanks for feedback on my gent.. let's see what Margie says.. hmmm :police:

Shadow

Dragging myself! They said there would be millions more on the roads ... they didn't say that every Tom, Dick and Harry those millions knew would also be careening down the freeway! Wow!
Margie will love it. Think she will have on heavy metal, phantom of the opera or those war chants?!  :funny:

Mhayes

Lynn, welcome back and glad you had a good trip. You aren't the only one to have returned stuffed.

Okay, no heavy metal or any songs just yet.  ;) I think the gentleman is looking good and glad you made the bottom vignette at the bottom in a V shape. I'm unable to download your work from the page, but it looks like his face still has blotches?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

I'm not sure where to start re blotches, can you identify, my eyes are full of turkey and stuffing... here is the larger size...

Mhayes

Lynn, it looks better when I could see the larger size. The only thing I wasn't sure of was the white spot on his chin? It looks like a goatee or perhaps the lightening? It is in the original, but not sure if that is for real or damage. Guess it won't hurt to leave. Other than that, both versions look great.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]