• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mud Bath

Started by Shadow, November 09, 2016, 01:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Happy Wednesday all! This is my new one. I am a bit perplexed with this color correction. I added the curves layer and set White 244 Gray 126 and Blacks at 15 (says 14). Removing all that red left a dark bluish mess so I merged that and made that layer a smart object so I could add the Shadow/Highlights and be able to modify later if needed. I included the Sh/H panel ... have only used it once before and maybe one of you can advise me on better settings. Added a Hue/Sat to take down some of the yellow that remained in stains on the boys and in the grass. The image just looks muddy (no pun intended  ::) )  to me and am unsure how to get back some of whatever is missing ... ideas?

Lynnya

Hi Lyn... this is what I got with these adj.  levels in red green blue to just below clipping.. auto curves after... neutral gray somewhere in the middle.. I used the difference method.. I don't use the shad hi. not sure why, probably cos I don't really know how lol

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Hi Lynn ... thanks for getting me back to what works! I watched that little Phlern cutie do amazing things with that Shadow/Highlights adjustment where the highlights were blown out so I tried it. Silly me. That actually would have been tweaking the original image so I scrapped that and started like you suggested. Does this look better? (I forgot the gray point on the other one so started over  ???

Lynnya

Lookin good Lyn.. only thing I'm noticing is a pink/magenta cast... I don't think it's my monitor but it might be... and the big boy to the left's face looks a tiny bit blurry .. everything else looks good.

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thank you for giving it a good once over. Appreciate your feedback!

Mhayes

Shadow, your last post of your restore is similar to what I got. The one you uploaded is close to what Lynnya has posted and I do think hers has a pinkish cast. The larger boys face may look blurry, but think that is how the photo was.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Margie, I uploaded the correct one to you. Thank you for your feedback. I was working right along not realizing I had accidentally deleted my Gray point layer on the first one ...  :knuppel: 
And if Pat reads these posts ... girl has patience of a saint. I reply to you Margie and forget to change the email so it goes to Pat. I assure you gals I DO have all my marbles.  :D
Best to all!

Pat

I love reading these posts Shadow!

Thank you so much Shadow and Lynna, and everyone else who has been participating in the restoration of the photos in Margie's Forum Gallery.  You all are what makes our OPR forum such a wonderful learning environment.   :up: :loveit: :hug:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Pat, I agree and it's pretty amazing to see the count of how many people check the forum post. Now if we can get more volunteers to post their work.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow