• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lady with Parasol

Started by Lynnya, November 10, 2016, 08:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

just starting this one.. I love these old photos...

Original

WIP

as always feedback appreciated.. I always learn something and it always improves my work  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

You are off to your usual great start. Look forward to your next post.  :up:

Lynnya

Lyn I need your help on this one... I assumed that the stuff on the wall (left side on your screen) was flowers.. now I'm not sure. It's very repetitive.. I'm wondering if it's damage..What do you see..
I'm looking at it again and now I'm thinking it is damage.. what say you.. 

Shadow

Hey Girl. I am on the fence here but I am leaning towards a bush of some sort. Thinking that because the pic sure looks like it's outside. Does that help at all?

JackR

Hi Lynn,
Pics like this are tough you're off to a good start as usual...looks to me like it is some kind of flower/vine, as it is behind the crook on the parasol and her arm is casting a shadow on it.
The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn and Jack.. it's concerning me tho cos the pattern is so repeating... almost like cloned..you're right about the shadow tho..I'll go with bush and flowers and can always fill it in if it's not right..right? :cool:
this is my WIP so far.. feedback welcome

Shadow

Lynnya

yes I see it... thanks.. could be the same stuff.. I see some dirt on the bottom of her dress I'll fix..anything else?

Mhayes

Or, maybe that is damage? I will try an ask the owner and hope they remember what the original looked like.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie.. I have a sneaky suspicion that is is damage and that was a plain wall  :cool:

Shadow

What magic did you end up working with the wall/bush/ damage? Inquiring minds want to know.  ;D

Lynnya

I'm still waiting on Margie to see if it's flowers or not.. she was going to call the family 8)

Shadow

That's right... forgot. I think I am with you now. When you look at the left upper side by the window it looks like a similar pattern. Hope the family knows what was in the original.  Those old timey flowering bushes were pretty though, huh?  :)

Mhayes

Hi Shadow,

Got off the phone with the owner and later by email she wrote back with this: "I'm studying the image of the lady.It maybe a floral or vine tapestry." That would make sense and also explain a repeating pattern. I was pretty sure it wasn't flowers because they were all the same, but then started wondering if perhaps damage.

The owner also said this in her email: "Thank you for your service to helping restore our photos."

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]