• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

who can read???

Started by kiska, February 05, 2007, 07:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

Can anybody fill in the blanks on the  lettering??? I've contacted a couple of military type sites; no response yet.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ausimax

Could be "M.P. Detachment", M.P. being Military Police. other than that I have not a clue, not up on US Army stuff.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

kiska

Thanks, Max! That sounds like it might be a 'weener'. I know diddley about the military.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

klassylady25

Do you any information on this photo..... like where this soldier was stationed? 

kiska

No, I didn't get any info. :(
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Hi kiska

I'm at work right now, but I'll have my husband look at it when I get home.  He's a military encyclopedia.  Maybe he can figure it out.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

beckysell

I'm sorry to say we actually don't have any info. on the photo either, other than basic family info.

Peter_AUS

I agree from a military point of view that it is most like M.P. DETACHMENT but is there something else with it as well ??
Regards,

Peter

kiska

I'm sure there's something on the end, but that would be pure conjecture.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

kstruve

If there is anything after "Detachment" it's probably just a letter or number, like "A" or "1".

Kurt

glennab

Hi Kiska

My husband, who was in the military police in the Marines, said that the letters are definitely M.P. DETACHMENT.  He said there was a nearly identical sign where he worked.  As for letters after DETACHMENT, he said there could be, but not necessarily.

Hope that helps!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

Thanks guys. I'll go with DETACHMENT and leave it at that.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro