• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Attention All Eagle Eyes

Started by Ausimax, January 31, 2007, 01:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

This is my latest photo, and as you can see the only thing that distinguishes from any other Stargate SG-1 photo are the notes and signatures, this is not the usual signed photo, as the notation "Sorry  we missed you" is of a personal nature.

The next thumbnail is to a 100% crop of the area of Amanda Tapping's signature, It appears to be signed "Amanda" with the "Tapping" below. Her usual photo signature is just an "A" that looks like a heart upside down, and a squiggle beneath that.

The next is a 100% crop of the area signed by Richard Dean Anderson, there appears to be a comment before the signature that I can't decipher, at present I am trying to copy them to a separate layer, however it is hard going, I have been unable to find any way to enhance the writing to make it easier.
If anybody has any secret methods or tricks I would be very grateful for your help.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ausimax

Ziaphra, thanks for the links, however I have quite a few of their autographs, unfortunately Amanda signed hers differently, I have the message sorted and have just about got the "Amanda" in hand still having trouble sorting out the "Tapping".

Richard's signature is not too bad, I think I can get away with using another copy there, having trouble with the word before the sig, looks like it ends " oosh"  or " oosit" can't quite make out the beginning - nutting the brain trying to find a word or expression that would fit.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

kiska

Max, this is the best I could come up with. Sorry.  AC_ OO(or U)SIT.  Achoosit.....was this person sick with a cold, maybe???

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

kstruve

To me, it looks like "Gawoosh!"  As in the sound effect of going through the Stargate.  His "H" just isn't connected too well.

Kurt

Ausimax

Hi,

Kiska, thanks for the attempt, this is a real eyestrain exercise, and the trouble is this writing is the only real thing of sentimental value about the Photo, they could buy a new copy of the photo with the standard fan signatures for $24.95.

Kurt thanks for you thoughts on this, I had come up with Cawoosh, Gawoosh, Gawocsh, Gawoosit and so on, the only trouble is that none of them made any sense to me, I have been trolling Stargate sites trying to get some inspiration, I figured it may be some sort of "expression" used in the series, not being a follower of the show, only watched a pilot of it many years ago.
Gawoosh, does make sense in being the sound of the gate, best theory so far.

Still doing battle with Amanda's sig, I don't think the "Amanda" is too far off, but the "Tapping' is still eluding me, I have traced over every line I can see (or think I see) and it still doesn't look logical, I tried superimposing one of her other sigs over it hoping it would help but they are so different it was of no value.

Have a look at what I have and see if you can make any more sense of it.

Thanks for all your help, this is really testing out my poor old eyes.

Max

Ratz

Hi Max, you certainly have your work cut out there! I am a huge Stargate fan and Cawoosh or Garwoosh makes a certain amount of sence, but it really is hard to tell. There is so much mess there it's hard to pull anything out.
Good luck on this one, I'll be watching with interest as you progress, I wish I could be of some help  to you but my abilities only stretch to the moderate.

Cheers, Vicki :up: :up:

RosyBijou

This one is really out there but what if you contacted his fan site?  Maybe he had a special signature that he used for special autographs.  A dedicated fan site might

1.  know if he did have such a signature, and what it is, or
2.  be able to forward your e-mail along to him directly

http://rdanderson.com/
This is a site that claims to be authorized by him and has a special link for autographs (under the Contacts link) with the proceeds dedicated to different charities.  Since he seems to be of a charitable mindset, perhaps he would be willing to clairify it himself...

((Who knows, maybe he might just offer up a "new" signed copy or a .jpg of a clean image so all you have to restore are the sigs))  Regardless, it can't hurt to ask...

Good luck!
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

glennab

Rosy, what a great idea to contact the fan site.   I'd bet Mr. Anderson would be willing to help this cause.  I hope so, because, Max, I tried for half an hour to pull up anything usable, and had no luck at all.  There's just too much monochromatic debris around the signature.  You do know how to pick 'em!

We most definitely have some great "detectives" at OPR!  What a resourceful bunch.

Good luck!  And have a wonderful day.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

Ratz, thanks for your support, as for your abilities, give them a run, I should be in the beginner section, as many viewing my work will testify, but you have to give it a try.

Kerry, thanks for the link, I don't have a lot of trouble with RDA's signature, it is much the same as his stock signature, and I have acquired that and it should suffice, I may contact him regarding the comment, it is hard to comprehend.

My big puzzle is Amanda Tapping's sig, it is so different to her usual autograph, so far what I have traced out doesn't seem feasible as a signature, doesn't seem to flow right.

Glenna, its not a case of knowing how to pick 'em', why do you think they make the images so small on PhotoShelter? I keep picking the easy ones, then when I get them home I find all these problems hidden in the detail! Its all a nasty conspiracy to send poor old Max blind.

Max

glennab

Hi Max

Now I understand the scenario!

Look at thumbnail, think "piece of cake!"
Download image, think "what was I thinking!?"

Been there; done that.

Thanks for clarifying.  I hadn't considered the conspiracy theory in relation to us oldsters.  All of a sudden it all makes sense.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Max,I googled Amanda Tapping this morning and she seems to have a couple of different signatures that she uses, have a look, you might find one that matches the one in your pic.

Vicki.

Ausimax

Hi Everybody,

This is where I am at, at this time, I managed to lift RDA's signature off the photo so I didn't have to resort to an import, about all I can do with Amanda's signature, though it tends to blend into the photo so I don't think it is too bad.

Your sharp eyes and comments would be appreciated.

Max

pcraft

Looking excellent Max...  Good going!!!

Ratz

Outstanding Max :up:
A really great job, the signature looks terrific, the whole image looks brand new, Congrats!