• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lady in bad shape...

Started by JackR, November 15, 2016, 08:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackR

Well, I got this now...looking at the original instead of in the gallery, my head hurts now...Looks a lot worse bigger...the lady looks like someone tried to cut her out at one time, hair and neck are terrible...AND it looks like someone did some painting on her dress...any thoughts or suggestions? Besides glad it's me and not you.  :D

The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

Mhayes

Jack, there are those out there that would say this is a typical "buyers remorse," and that you have been tricked.  ;) But trust me, it will work out. Look at this as if: If God was a woman looking down on us--this would be it. The border on this one was left in so that you could use it for a white point. After that your can make an even border all around. I can't tell if this is blue skies and clouds or a blue background. I would take the one area where it looks like her dress is blue with a white pattern. The woman's face I would pretty much let it stay as it is, but repair her neck. Especially the center of her neck where the shadows make her look like she has a wrench for an adam's apple. No matter what you do it will still look painted, because that is how is most likely was to begin with. Clean her up and the photo will be better than it is now.

Take some aspirin and a break.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Hey Jack. Funny ... I am glad it's you because you have done some nice work! I practiced on a screen shot of this one. Took a while to get a color correction I was happy with and then I was going to ask on the forum what to do about the weird coloring etc. Looks like Margie gave a good road map. Look forward to your next post. Good luck.

JackR

Well this is where I am...not really happy with it...really do not like the hair, want to do something with but not sure what how much should be done...background...to light, maybe needs clouds?comments welcome...

cheers...

Jack

Mhayes

Jack, it looks like you cut her out from her background and then pasted her into a blue background? On the other had, the original had that look too. Yes, I think clouds would be a good idea and while it may not be in the original--I'm all for it.
Here is what I did.

I color corrected with the Curves layer>Merge Visible>used an eye dropper to get the color of the sky and then added a blank layer above. I went up to edit and hit fill. I then went up to filter>render>clouds. I went to filter again and did a Gaussian blur. Then a layer mask where I concealed all and then painted back in the clouds. Next the marquee tool for the border>inverse>fill with white. On the very top layer I added a blank layer and set the mode to "Color," and then took my eye dropper on the blue in her dress and painted over--make sure in color mode. You might even want to take the eye dropper and sample her face color and darken.

I didn't do any repairs and think you will let the photo still have an artsy feel.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

JackR

The clouds made it a lot better, the hair doesn't look so cut off...what say the group?

cheers...

Jack

Mhayes

Jack, I agree. Really can't think of anything to add.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

JackR

All-rightey then...home she goes... :D

cheers...

Jack

Lynnya

Look good Jack.. yes the clouds are good, have to remember that.  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...