• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

need help with Sister & Baby Brother

Started by battleaxe, October 31, 2016, 11:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Hello can  anyone bring out any detail in the two kids.   I can't seem to do it. 

Thank-you  :hug:

Mhayes

Hi BA, you like a challenge alright, even if it sends you over the edge? This photo is totally toast for restoring back to color. It has been degraded to the point of no return. The only option I see is to turn it to a B/W. You did a great job in making a good guess that the chair was a deep brown and not red. Behind the chair are the full length curtains and paneling as you can see the light switch. The most important part in this photo is the two children and trying to keep color and not have the two look like ghosts is another problem.

Below is what I did as a B/W still in sRGB mode and the option I chose was "Infared." The second screen print shows that I went to Curves and I wanted the children to show more contrast, so I used the swiggle tool and put it in around the girl's hair and pulled down, which caused the curve to go downward and darken. From there I would clean up and I would let the children's faces stay as they are, but clean up the baby's clothing. Also, now the writing at the bottom is clearer.

Click on thumbnail to see enlarged.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

battleaxe

Think this is all I can do, will be sending this up.

Mhayes

BA, I think this is going to be good as it is going to get. Even though not in color, its still a big improvement.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Lynnya

yes big challenge.. looks good to me as well. :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...