• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Margie's Forum Basball Game

Started by Lynnya, October 16, 2016, 08:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all good early morning  8)

just starting a new restore.

Original below and then color corrected using: levels adjustment in each red green and blue channels.  Then an auto curves adjustment. Another adjust using threshold and difference method.
Now I have to deal with the yellow... :cool:

color correction

as always, feedback needed please..

so why did I think this would be easy?? Can't seem to get these whites right.. here is my crazy layers .. the color balance layer was red-5 -green -3 blue -16..
the stamp layer was a blur=average- inverted to the opposite color - changed blend mode to color and turned down to 10% to try to get red of cast.
Still not happy... did another curves adjustment using black and white point... toned the adjustment down to 44%
probably a much simpler way...

here's the printscreen:

here's the actual image

Still have more repair to do..
I'm still here working on this image lol

I did some more repair.. ran Imagenomic noiseware filter - removed effect from all eyes noses and mouths - warmed the faces only of the boys and men - kicked up the vibrance a tad added 1px mono gaussian noise.. this is where I'm at..I've grown to absolutely adore these boys... :loveit:

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Think you knocked that one of the park  :funny:    Check out #14 and 15 ... damage/shadow on the pants?  May just be the upload and my screen, is the frame 255/255/255?  Thanks for sharing all your work Lynn. :up:

Lynnya

What damage!  :funny: and yup the frame is 255 all round on my screen.. not on yours??

so hubby walks in and says "skin is too red" and leaves... sigh...

new layer, color balance red -5 and more yellow (blue -15) just the skin..

which is better:

Mhayes

I think the skin tone looks great. I don't know if it is just me, but the boy's pants and the sky seem to have a greenish cast?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Oh my, I didn't scroll ALL the way down. A million pardons. Don't you hate looking for something that isn't there!!!  :D      Was there a green color cast? Can't tell on my monitor.

Lynnya

I made a new layer and used selective color to reduce the yellow in the whites only.. does it help with the green cast which is not cooporating with me  :mad:

Mhayes

Yes, much better as no green cast on the uniforms.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]