• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Text on shirt

Started by Lynnya, October 14, 2016, 03:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi Gang...

I'm thinking that the words on this shirt say "MARY 6" I thought at first it might be NAVY but I'm sticking with Mary... what do you see?

I took the red channel  and jumped it over the rgb.. then created a new layer now black and white.. and remembering what Beth told me about changing the blend mode to overlay I used a black brush to try to bring out the text.. I can clearly see the 6 now and still think it's Mary.. what say you guys? Do you have a secret text visualizer?

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

dsms

I believe that's a Miami HEAT jersey with the number 6 under it...

Lynnya

Oh wow... I would NEVER have gotton that.. I looked online and yes there are some white women's shirts with heat or miami on them..so.... is it saying HEAT??

Thanks DS.

yes yes.. I'm sooo happy.. found the exact shirt to copy.. little logo on right and adiddis logo on left... would have been terrible if I hadn't asked and put MARY on there !!!!!!!!

Shadow

Too funny Lynn! I never would have seen that either. Glad you found the shirt! Good luck with the pic.

Lynnya

Hi gang,
I got so "into" this image I forgot to post wip.  So when I get to the point where I don't know what else to do I think I may be near the end.. feedback appreciated.

Shadow

Looking good! Did you use that Phlern skin texture from scratch on the skin? I sure enjoy your work Lynn  :up:

Lynnya

Yes I did actually.. what do you think... does it work for skin?

Shadow

I think it does work for the skin. One little thing ... what would you think about the shadow being a tad softer/lighter on the inside of the arm hanging down? See down around the thumb area - maybe add a little blur or something?

Lynnya

Hi Lyn,

I've blurred around the thumb area as you suggested.. the red down the side of the arm is supposed to be a red stripe on the shirt.. is it confusing? I'm not sure how I can change it.. suggestions??

I've sent it home... see what happens..

Shadow

Hey there. The red stripe looks good and not confusing at all. Probably just the upload &  me, the shadow/shading just up from his thumb seemed a bit hard edged. Trying to learn shading and highlighting so it caught me eye. Have a good one!

Lynnya

Hi Lyn thanks for looking.. looks like shading and highlighting could be may next tutorial  :up: I think it's a girl Shadow... women's basketball.. but I'm not sure...

Mhayes

Wow! This one has come a long way!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]