• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Couple from back in the day

Started by Shadow, November 15, 2016, 10:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Good morning. Another good one from Margie's gallery. Started with putting the image on its own layer so the frame wouldn't alter the color correction. Then, Levels - Alt + drag R G B sliders in avoiding clipping. Curves to get everything a bit more neutral and B & W using Lighter (default settings) to correct resulting color cast and boost contrast. Did go back to locking layers I don't want changed so I don't inadvertently mess them up along the way.  :crazy:

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thank you Lynn. I channeled you and Margie and started with Levels. It's curious to me how some images respond better to Levels and others to Curves. By the way, have you heard of Petulia Clark or Jimmy Rodgers (folk singer)? Started playing my folks albums while working on some of these gems and wondered what everyone else listened to? Besides, playing the albums forces me to get up and stretch, flip the album over, and then repeat  ;D

Lynnya

I listen to my computer fan trundling along ... Music either makes me sad cos it reminds me of something way back or get's on my nerves cos it's too loud, I think I'm a curmudgeon >:( When we are on the road hubby always asks "wanna listen to the radio?" THAT WOULD BE NO :mad: LOL

I guess I like oldies a bit and some smooth jazz..maybe... I like birdsong and waterfalls..  :P present company excepted and all on the forum (cos we're all photoshop nuts) I prefer dogs and wild animals to a lot of people   ::)

I move out of my chair for walks in the woods with hubby, lunch out by the water and cocktails overlooking the boats... I'm blessed. (this week)... 

wait a minute... "flip the album over???"  you're showing your age girl :cool:

Shadow

Shadow is looking around to see what I'm laughing about! You are too funny.  :funny:
Music is a powerful thing. Hard to picture you as a curmudgeon.  :huh: You sure have an optimistic streak ... how else could you take on such challenging images?!
LOVE the When we are on the road hubby always asks "wanna listen to the radio?" THAT WOULD BE NO :mad:  I feel that way in the car with the grands and the greats.

The waterfalls are right up my alley as well. Mystic Moods Orchestra did 2 albums way back in the day that get played often around here.
I am with you on dogs and animals and all the ps "nuts" roaming around here!
Flip the album over ...  ;)  Have certainly been around the block once or twice  :funny:
May the computer fan whirl a good beat for you!

Shadow

Here we go ... first is my WIP. The 2nd image is the original bdg on the left and a lightened version (using a Dodge and Burn layer and painting with white varying opaciities). Anyone have a favorite? Should I copy/paste the good boards to the dark area or leave as is? Thanks gang.

Lynnya

Hmmm... personally I like the darker.. looks more like the original... 8)

Mhayes

I like the darker one too.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks gals! It's unanimous & off to the benevolent distributor.

What do you listen to Margie? How about everybody else? Country? Rock? New Age? ...

Mhayes

Love it Shadow!  :funny:

Right now Phantom of the Opera might be a good selection.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Bet Margie listens to heavy metel..  :funny:

Shadow

Right! Maybe starts her day with
... and by the time she finishes reviewing for her volunteers she leans more towards

and maybe a glass of something good!
You know we're crazy 'bout ya Margie  ;)

Mhayes

With you all I'm leaning to war chants.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

:funny:  So long as we keep you laughing!  ^-^