• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mother & Daughter

Started by JackR, November 12, 2016, 12:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackR

Working on  this...thinking is pretty well done, only thing, not sure about the tablecloth...thoughts/comments?
original

WIP

The early bird gets the worm, but the SECOND mouse gets the cheese...

cheers...

Jack

kiska

I would extend the table cloth all the way to your left and right. It's a long table, not round.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

looks good Jack I agree with Kiska and I would put a few little shadows near the china on the table  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

JackR

and here we go...changes made...

cheers...

Jack

Shadow

Very nice Jack!! I was hoping someone would do one of those so I could see how in the world you would do it! Thanks for posting your work.  :up:

Lynnya

Looks great to me Jack :up:

JackR

I sent it in and Tess had a couple things she wanted changed...here is the final (I hope) edit...

cheers...

Jack

Lynnya

Shadow

Lynn, I think we are using similar security measures and that is what is blocking Jack's link.

JackR

that's odd, this was posted through the "add image to post" added to the forum...

cheers...

Jack

JackR

We'll try this...it is photobucket, see if it comes thru...

cheers...

Jack

Jo Ann Snover

Looking at the original, I think the problem is that it's faded as well as discolored, but painting over the faces has left them looking a tad artificial.

I grabbed the original from your earlier post and did a couple of quick edits to show what I mean - compare those to your version (click to see a larger image)

You've painted color over the daughter's hair and mother's hairline, but once you get the fading fixed, you don't need to. I also find the hard line where you've filled the background with black a bit distracting.

I added a Curves adjustment layer set to multipy mode and filled the mask with black. Then I painted on the faces with gray (which darkens them). The contrast is off, but another Curves adjustment layer brightens the highlights and gets rid of the gray look. I did take a little of the red out with a Channel Mixer adjustment layer.

See what you think
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Wow JS.. I'll have to remember that.. what a nice tip.. thanks for sharing. :up:

Shadow

Thanks JS ... nice tip and appreciate you posting the pics so we could see what you explained so well.

Shadow

Hi Jack. Thanks for adding the new pic. It is nice to see the big one here in the forum. I tweaked my settings for OPR so whatever you share I can enjoy it.