• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Restoring School Play

Started by Lynnya, October 12, 2016, 02:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

This poor image is a mess, I hope I can (with your help) send it home repaired with love.

this is the blue channel... seems to me the lady on the left is wearing glasses.. what say you friends.. I looked at it all a couple of ways and I think she is...
feedback appreciated.

this is my WIP color correction using levels, curves auto, neutral gray - probably need to add a little warmth maybe at the end? Where the red arrow is on the left hand boy? it's fuzzy.. do you think it's damage or actually a fuzzy neck thing..I can't figure it out as I'ts absent on the other side but they are all wearing a black neck tie garment.

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Lynn, my guess it is the tie and not damage. The blue channel is great for seeing detail a lot of the times, especially if a photo has yellow and red streaking. Have fun as this one will keep you busy.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Yes to the glasses and collar thingy.
Don't you just love the expression on the face of the little boy in the middle?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Lynn,
Hannie's right ... that little boy's expression is priceless. And yes to the glasses on the lady in the back and the black thing the boy is wearing. Color looks good. Like you, I find a little warmth is often needed later. Look forward to seeing your progress!

Lynnya

Here is mu WIP .. I feel like I'm close to the end.. the lady in the back was a challenge.. and feedback is always great and appreciated..

Hannie

Beautiful result!

It is possible that your levels now need a little extra adjustment, perhaps even use a Color Balance Layer and play with the sliders some.  Keep in mind that you want a pleasing skin color, even if it makes the colors look faded.  A Vibrance layer can fix those faded colors afterwards.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

thanks Hannie... I'll play with it..

added:  Hannie, the levels were out of whack (but you knew that lol) I adjusted them back to where they were in the initial correction and bumped up the vibrance some..I this any better? Oh and I played with the color balance a little, I'm not really used to color balance.. gotta learn it more..

Shadow

Lynn ... you do beautiful work. Thank you for posting. That lady in the back has her eyes back!

Mhayes

:up: :up: Great finish!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]