• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Color feedback?

Started by Shadow, October 08, 2016, 07:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hey All,
Any suggestions on this color correction? Especially the lady's hand down on the right.
It's a WIP and I appreciate your feedback.
Thanks.
Lyn

Hannie

Lyn, good job on the color correction.  Must have been hard to get rid of the purple/magenta.
The lady's hand looks fine to me?  I do see a little green discoloring in the white dress of the 2 boys and the priest.
I removed the green and added a Vibrance layer to warm up the skin tone some.  That may have caused a little too much saturation in other parts but it is easily toned down with a layer mask.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hannie,

Thank you. The magenta was a bit of a stinker. Tried several techniques all of you suggested here for others with color issues and found it took a couple different things added together to get rid of it.

Appreciate your keen eye for the green! Will touch that up before I upload and add back some warmth with V/S Adj.

And as for that hand, guess when something doesn't look right and you work on it... then work on it some more and some more ... when you go back to check your work it just jumps out of the image at you. Takes someone else's fresh view  :wow: to know if it is good.

Have a good day!

Lyn