• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Levels adjustment

Started by Lynnya, September 29, 2016, 02:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all, just wanted to share something I'm sooooo excited about that you'all probably have known for eons but maybe just maybe there is one person who like me did not know... I've been working with color corrections within the channels in Levels.. happily adjusting the sliders willy nilly.. I did not know that Alt slide show any clipped areas!!! duh! I also did not know that after you've slid about enough to Alt click on the "Auto" button and choose some options from there!! specially (and this is what made me so excited) the "snap neutral midtones" option...took a lot of the guess work out of it all for me. Got this from Lynda.com Deke McClelland course one on one advanced.

I can't believe I didn't know this after all these years of photoshop.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Lynn,

Congrats on Jnr member status ... you go girl!

Thanks for sharing the tips. Beautiful work!!

You mentioned your interest in new methods so below are a couple of links to some excellent videos by Taz Tally. He has a neat approach to color correction. These are the freebies on Lynda.com and if you find them intriguing, you can do a trial membership & watch all their color correction videos.

https://www.lynda.com/Photoshop-tutorials/Making-area-specific-tonal-adjustments/385657/429992-4.html

https://www.lynda.com/Photography-Color-Correction-tutorials/Correcting-highlight-shadow-areas/364446/425049-4.html

See ya' 'round the forum!

Lyn

Lynnya

Hi Lyn,
Thanks for the links... I'm a member of Lynda.com this month... I sign up for a month here and there.. the color correction tutorial is really really interesting.. thanks a lot. If you have any more send em my way.

Have a great day

Lynn.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

You are very welcome.

I do the same thing with Lynda.com Have been using her site for years.

Will keep you in mind if I come across anything good.

You have a good one too.

Lyn

Hannie

Great tips, thanks Lynnya and Shadow!

Holding down the "ALT" key while dragging the black or white point slider in in R, G and B channels in Levels is a helpfull tip.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow