• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Re: Margie's Gallery too

Started by Beth, September 28, 2016, 01:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth

Thank you Margie.  I also use masks when I'm actually working with the background photo but I don't bother with them when I'm just painting a color on an empty layer since there's nothing there to protect really.  As far as ethnicity goes, I have another video I made for my students about that if you are interested. I am a self-taught amateur so anything I say is strictly my opinion and only based on my own experience.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FMNFpM3ioQ

PS:  I use some shortcuts such as Ctrl, Alt, Shift, E to make a Stamp Visible but my keyboard is pushed way back on my desk and I do most everything with the mouse while I'm laid back in my chair.  I'm too lazy to lean forward to use the keyboard. :)

Shadow

Beth,

Thank you so much for the video and for posting your work! Learned some new stuff and a little closer to tackling the really challenging images.

Will be checking out all your videos over the weekend.

Lyn

Beth

Thank you Lyn. I love Photoshop and I love learning new things about it.  There are just so many different methods photoshop offers. I don't think I could learn it all in one life-time. 

Beth

I worked on it some more.  I decided the upper part of her dress was sheer and added a little skin tone.  I also took Lynnya's advice and reduced the contrast on her face and hair.  Lastly, I lightened her hair.  Do you know what color her hair is supposed to be? I really can't tell from the original.  I'm just guessing. Any other suggestions for me?  Do you think it's ready to turn in? 

Lynnya

I think it's beautiful!!!  the only tinsey thing that caught my attention was that her cheeks are very white... I noticed it cos I do the same thing all the time.. my hubby comes in and says "her cheeks are white".. oh darn it..

The rest of it is really beautiful.. lovely.
:loveit:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Beth

Lynnya

Im not sure... it's so subtle.. maybe back off just a tick.. really beautiful.. and also, don't take my word for it, I'ts just a personal opinion, I may well be wrong ( I most often am) lol.... Others may totally disagree :)
I'm waiting in the wings.. can't wait to see the final final... I think you've cracked it..

Beth

I love the input. I want it to be the best it can be.  Backed off to 50%.  How's this?

Lynnya

Looks great to me! On my monitor her face looks a little blotchy but I think that's probably just my  screen. I think she's beautiful and ready to get married :) If you have any problems with it on submission let me know what they are (if you don't mind) and I can learn something too :up:
Nice job Beth.

Mhayes

Beth, it's looking good. The only thing that look like it should be changed is around her collar looking pink and on the flared part of the hem of her dress there is a turquoise V. Hope it's not my monitor.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Beth

Margie,  The pink around her collar, I decided the upper part of her dress is sheer. My dress was like that too. Also, I don't see the turquoise V.  Can you circle it?

Lynnya,  Thank you!  I will see what I can do about her face.  It is a little rough. i just don't want to smooth it too much.

Mhayes

Beth, I doubt her skin tone is the same as yours and not pink. In the folder is a photo of what I believe is her graduation picture and the V opening of her gown shows her skin as a golden brown. The turquoise V is about 11 3/4 down from the top on your left hand side.

What you have done looks beautiful, but sometimes the old saying "less is more" applies in how far to take a photo, especially when guessing.  I took several water color classes and the instructor would caution not to over work a painting. I like the shadows and what you have done, but when Lurch said the photo had a purple cast; I think she was looking at around her waist and flowers. I know it's hard to stop, but you have brought this a long way and time to upload.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Good Morning Gang.

Beth, your image looks awesome. Margie has a good point. Your dedication to getting it perfect has taken you a long way and I bet the pics owners are going to be very happy with your results.

You, Margie and Lynn ... thank you for your posts. I have learned quite a bit and appreciate you sharing your processes and feedback.

Beth

Thank you everyone for all your help.  This is my final version.  I think some of the problem was the WIP was a Save for Web. I finally saw the turquoise V but it's not in the regular version. I think saving it at lower quality corrupted it but I added a touch of white in that area just in case.  I am uploading now. 

This was fun!

Lynnya