• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Would love your advice

Started by Michelle H, March 27, 2016, 05:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle H

Hello,

I'm working on this image and I can see a strip of blueish purple colour in their faces. How can I get rid of this?

Thanks!!!

lurch

First thing, color-correct the image.
<C>

Michelle H

I tried a couple of ways to colour correct the image: a threshold and curves adjustment, a levels adjustment and the auto colour, and sepia is what results. I'm thinking that it's a black and white or sepia image.

Mhayes

Michelle,

Lurch is right about color correcting first. After awhile you will get a feel for these damaged photos and know what will be the best way to color correct. Also, before you post your work in progress--post the original, then your WIP. By only posting what you have done is not much help since it doesn't allow us to work the original. The photo could be a sepia, but considering it was damaged by Katrina flood water and is over 10 years old--I think the yellow tint is not sepia.

Here is the original:

And here is what I did by looking in all three channels and deciding the blue channel was the best. Because I did not think this was sepia, I went with the Black/White Adjustment layer. Then I did a Levels Adjustment to bring the sliders in.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

I think this might be a color photo. When I color correct setting the black, gray, and white points in Curves, I get a brown sweater, pink skin, and green eyes.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Michelle H

Okay :up2:. Thanks! I will keep trying.